Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Filip Hrgovic-Andy Ruiz Interim Heavyweight Title Fight Ordered By IBF

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Filip Hrgovic-Andy Ruiz Interim Heavyweight Title Fight Ordered By IBF

Filip Hrgovic and Andy Ruiz are back in each other's sights. BoxingScene.com has confirmed that an interim IBF heavyweight title fight has been ordered between Hrgovic and Ruiz, with a 30-day free negotiation period assigned to the proposed bout.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 01-19-2023, 06:20 PM.

I like ruiz in this one

Comment

Originally posted by LAchargers373 View Post
      I like ruiz in this one
      Same that robotic stiff Hrgovic got a gift in his last fight and is too slow for Ruiz.

LAchargers373 LAchargers373 likes this.

Comment

Could be marketed effectively in Southern California. If Ruiz is prepared, he should win this.

Comment

Ruiz can go the fury route or the usyk route . It's gonna be interesting which one he takes .

Comment

Ruiz won`t take it. they can`t just order him to take the fight. Ruiz can fight Wilder for much more money.

Comment

Hrgovic will be too much for Ruiz. The guy is tough as nails and can box on a high level. He can really be a spoiler in the division. Just has to work on a bit of defense imo.

Comment

"Interestingly, Wilder is ranked one spot below Ruiz at number-four in the IBF ratings. Any combination of Wilder-Ruiz being finalized, or both Ruiz and Wilder declining the offer to fight for the interim IBF title could lead to Joshua entering the mix. Joshua remains without an opponent for a planned April ring return at The O2 in London."

So the Hrgovic camp is expediting their shot at a vacant interim title by forcing the IBF's hand. The rumor mill has been talking about a Wilder-Ruiz fight for months so those two have to show their hand and a Joshua fight is still one of the most lucrative fights in boxing. I prefer both of those fights than Ruiz-Hrgovic, Widler-TBD, and Joshua TBD; Wilder-Ruiz has FOTY potential and Hrgovic-Joshua has firework potential.
                landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

I'm sure Ruiz isn't interested in fighting Hrgovic.

A higher profile, bigger money fight with Wilder is what he wants.

Comment

So if Ruiz Junior does not take the fight, Wilder could then fight Hrgovic instead.

Ruiz Junior vs Wilder should of already been made. I am not even sure whether they are in negotiations?

But I have noticed the way people speak as if, it is a actual match up that is trying to be made.

Neither team Wilder or Ruiz Junior for me, seem that urgent in getting the fight made etc.

Comment

Working...
                    X