Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Teofimo Lopez Questions Himself After Tough Fight With Sandor Martin; Do I Still Got It?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it is very disturbing to be asking that at 25 years old WTF?

I think he has bought into his own HYPE and what he does is he starts looking around the boxing World and he feels he is as good as some of these guys when in actuality he is NOT

he doesn't beat any of the Top Guys at 140 IMO something I said even before this fight, I immediately posted "UPSET ALERT" when Sandor Martin was announced because that guy style is so tricky and it is the worst style to do with Period and Short Notice makes him even more difficult

Prograis, Matias, Puello, Ramirez, Taylor, Barboza...all beats Teo and I think Top Rank knows it but they do feel they can market him so they kinda just riding things out until

Fighters stop buying into your own hype, 99.9% of these guys are not that good in this ERA

Comment

Hes still very young with great speed power and reflexes

Comment

Hmm, don't know what to say here, maybe 140 isn't for him? As others have said, new coach and trainers and of course rematch Kambo.

Comment

No disrespect, but Teo isn't mentally built for boxing in the long term
          charliepaerker charliepaerker likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
            The Loma win ruined him in many ways. He started to believe his own hype and it’s made him complacent and has regressed his development. Getting rid of his dad in the corner would help- he only fuels the delusion.
            He became too emotionally invested in the back-and-forth mental warfare with Loma. After that victory, Teo felt this rush of accomplishment like he had just beat the final boss of a video game, but knowing of Loma's injury put a dent in his win that he chose to brush off. All of Teo's bravado couldn't mask his lack of desire in rematching Loma. He was showing insecurities before Loma, but beating Loma brought him to a precipice where his fall would be much harder to bear should he suffer a bad loss (i.e. Kambosos). We're witnessing his unravelling. Whether people want to blame his father or his wife....Teo needs to finally mature and start being proactive. Get rid of his dad as a trainer, visit a sports therapist, etc. He needs to DO SOMETHING, because his current situation doesn't conducive for having a successful long-term boxing career.
            Last edited by kiaba360; 12-11-2022, 02:23 AM.
            eco1 eco1 Ghost Jab Ghost Jab like this.

Comment

Teo is mentally fragile ...
              NC Uppercut NC Uppercut likes this.

Comment

The Nakatani fight wasn't a fluke. Teofimo struggles against bigger opponents. He got too used to being a big 135 fighter and now at 140 his size and power are not as big of a threat.

Comment

Originally posted by TheIronMike View Post
                  His confidence is shaken and he is in his head too much when fighting.

George buck broke him that night
                  charliepaerker charliepaerker likes this.

Comment

From the cockiest mofo alive to this. Crazy to see.

Comment

Instead of reaching out to social media he needs to pull back and get back to basics. He has all the potential in the world but the NYC hype got to him. It's made him into a complicit lazy e-celeb. He can be so much more than that.

Comment

Working...
                      X