No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Usyk's a Star, But He's Not on Fury's Heavyweight Level

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andrij View Post

In which Arena ? We only have open air football stadiums but not big indoor arenas like O2,MEN,T-Mobile,MSG etc. Plus no Ukrainian would pay at least 50€ to watch the fight in the arena. That it’s why makes more sense economically to have the fights in the UK,US & Saudi. Plus it’s Ukraine and not THE.
    Usyk has been the B side his entire career.

Comment

We have to define Star and Superstar because in this ERA people are being called "STARS" and they don't Draw Flies to Sh^t on their own. They can walk throw a Mall or attend and event and nobody knows who TF they are besides the Few Boxing fans who Spots them

Excellent Boxer though been watching Usyk since World Series Of Boxing with that Incredible Ukraine team so I'm a fan but "Star" "Superstar" hell no, outside of us Hardcore Fans, most people have no clue who TF these fighters are honestly Boxers are not popular with Younger Demos either
      denium denium likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post

I guess Roberto Duran had no fans either as he didn't fight much at home.

Some countries have the setup for boxing to be consistently staged there. Ukraine isn't one of those countries. But to say he has no fans, even though he has millions around the world, is typical stupidity from you.
        Millions of fans lmfao.

Usyk could walk down the street and absolutely nobody would have a clue who is he.

Embarrassing yourself as usual eh Sid-Knee? Why don't you tell us all again how the bum Whyte would KO Tyson Fury?

Mong

Comment

“A star?” I really consider Floyd and Manny and Canelo stars. Most of my friends will not know who Usyk is.

Usyk is not a household name.

Comment

First the boxing press underrated Fury. Now they massively overrate him, for what, beating tin cans like Chisora, Pianata and Seferi? His only notable wins are Wilder, who can't box and fought emotionally without any brains twice, and a 38 yr old de-motivated WK. That is literally it.

Usyk is on another level to all this b-tier opposition Fury has been making his name from for the past 10 years. That should be obvious.

Comment

I think fury is great, just like i think usyk is. I don't want to aim too much praise on fury just yet because where do we go after he beats usyk, Joyce and Josh and Jared Anderson.
              So Fury's great now, but when he clears up he's unbelievable. The only way is up?

Comment

Fury was highly underrated before the second Wilder fight, the most of casuals expected him to lose by a KO.

Now is he highly overrated because he beat Whyte and Chisora. Usyk would be the second best if not the best fighter Fury has ever fought. Anything can happen.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
                  Fury was highly underrated before the second Wilder fight, the most of casuals expected him to lose by a KO.

Now is he highly overrated because he beat Whyte and Chisora. Usyk would be the second best if not the best fighter Fury has ever fought. Anything can happen.
                  I think although Wladimir Kiltschko was a better heavyweight and Champion than Usyk.

If Fury was to beat Usyk, it will be his best win. Due to Uysk being unbeaten, and his resume of titles 'Plus he is at the peak of his powers'.

Kiltschko was not his best for Fury, as he was suffering issues outside the ring with his woman being unwell.

It was not a emphatic dominating masterclass by Fury, he merely stole the fight with trickery 'And unfortunately there was no rematch'.

It is still a big win for Tyson Fury, and one of the two best wins any active Heavyweight has achieved.

Before Joshua vs Usyk, I did stated that? If Joshua was to beat Usyk, it would of been the best Heavyweight win since Evander Holyfield beating Mike Tyson.

The best Heavyweight win of the past 25 years. Holyfield vs Tyson I, Lewis vs Tua, Lewis vs Golota, Bowe vs Holyfield, Holyfield vs Bowe II, Tyson vs Ruddock I & II, Kiltschko vs Haye, Haye vs Valuev, Fury vs Wilder I & II these are all great Heavyweight wins.

Fury vs Usyk whoever wins, is one of the greatest wins in the Heavyweight division since the 1970's-80's era's.

Usyk vs Fury is the most significant Heavyweight title fight since. Kiltschko vs Haye, Lewis vs Holyfield, Holyfield vs Tyson.

Tyson Fury does not have a deep resume, but? Being 1000% honest, the pivotal catalyst events in the Heavyweight division 'Have all involved Tyson Fury'.

This is once again a pivotal catalyst fight. Tyson Fury vs Wladimir Kiltschko, Anthony Joshua vs Wladimir Kiltschko, Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder I, II & III, Usyk vs Joshua I & II, these are the pivotal fights that have happened in his era's Heavyweight division.

These are the fights where fighters must win. Joshua vs Fury would of been that type of fight in December, and I think team Joshua knew this. So taking that into consideration, although Joshua was game 'The people advising and protecting him, maybe deep down knew it was a unwise situation to take the fight' Especially with all the ultimatums, which was unprofessional.

Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 12-09-2022, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post

Millions of fans lmfao.

Usyk could walk down the street and absolutely nobody would have a clue who is he.

Embarrassing yourself as usual eh Sid-Knee? Why don't you tell us all again how the bum Whyte would KO Tyson Fury?

Mong
                    I gave you a name under the same circumstances but this is all you have to come back with? Haha. Yeah, good one. Can't really say much when you're corrected like that.

Why don't you tell me how Fury is known but Usyk isn't? What differences could you tell me about without making me laugh?

Wait, when did i say Whyte was going to KO Fury? You make it all up as you go along. No wonder you're a fan of a pathological lair. You live in a world of fallacies.

Comment

Working...
                    X