Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Usyk's a Star, But He's Not on Fury's Heavyweight Level

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think usyk will cause more problems for fury that a lot of people think, i dont think he will win but hes a smart fighter and fury wont land as much on him as people think he will

Comment

Fury is the real heavyweight champion. He will prove it once he gets all the belts against Usyk.

Comment

Originally posted by SN!PER View Post
        AJ landed 247 punches on Usyk in 2 fights... and he fought timid and scared.

Now think about how confident and aggressive Fury is compared to AJ. It's gonna be a fcking blood bath.
        Usyk is 35 and has never been knocked down. He's hard to hit cleanly, has a lot of durability and a great engine. Win, lose or draw, it's not going to be a "fcking blood bath."

Yes, Fury is wily, skilled and much bigger. But Usyk is just as wily, perhaps more. He's not going to be daft enough to let Fury lean all over him. If anyone tires, it's more likely going to be Fury. And I don't see Fury clocking Usyk with some rocking power punch unless Usyk is worn out.

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post

If Usyk had any fans, he would've fought in the Ukraine instead of having to fight on the road all the time.

Fury is already one of the biggest stars in boxing, whereas nobody outside of hardcore boxing fans has a clue who Usyk is.
          I guess Roberto Duran had no fans either as he didn't fight much at home.

Some countries have the setup for boxing to be consistently staged there. Ukraine isn't one of those countries. But to say he has no fans, even though he has millions around the world, is typical stupidity from you.

Comment

Originally posted by letsgochump View Post
            Fury definitely will be the favourite going in. But if the referee will not allow endless hugging and dirty boxing then it will indeed be more level. Wallin isn't as skilled as Usyk but he is a boxer puncher and a lefty. Fury struggled with him. Wlad was a good boxer with good ability to control distance and even at that age fairly good speed for a HW. Fury was a lot faster back then and yet it was not an easy fight, Fury mostly nullified Wlad and himself hardly did much more. Cunningham was a skilled boxer and he clipped Fury hard. Despite development since then Fury hasn't really fought skilled boxers. Wilder has a murderous punch but he has only that. Aside from that Fury's last fights are Sefer Safari, Frans Pizzanetta, Tom Schwarz and Whyte. Whyte while having some skill is exceptionally slow and has very poor footwork and poor defence. These are easy fights for Fury with Wallin and Wilder being the only challenges Fury faced since 2015 and with both he just barely escaped defeat.

Usyk fought really tough opposition in Glowacki, Hunter, Briedis, Gassiev, Bellew, Chisora and Joshua. Usyk has consistently fought world class opponents with the exception of Chisora and Witherspoon and Chisora was still a tough fight stylistically as Chisora uses his size as his main weapon.

Usyk and Fury have both shown ability to adapt and find a way to win in difficult situations mid fight and this makes them quite rare and interesting to watch. I was really impressed both times against AJ how Usyk found a new gear after Joshua having good rounds. For Fury of course his recovery against Wilder was tough but the way he changed his style completely against Wallin going against what Davison was saying mid fight was the most impressive things Fury has done. It looked like an upset was the only way the fight could go but Fury turned it around into a wrestling match where Wallin was fairly useless. It was not entertaining but it was Fury doing what was needed to win.

Hopefully we will see a boxing match though if they ever fight for the undisputed. It would be so bad for the sport if the top of the top division is decided by the bigger man holding the smaller man and doing the miminum to win on points.

I think with the war in Ukraine and his story of climbing up from cruiser makes Usyk are more potential star. Fury is a big loudmouth that attracts mostly folks who are like that already. Usyk conducts himself like a champion always despite having a good sense of humour. Usyk winning would be a great thing and would put him at an instant ATG status.
            I think you replied to the wrong thread buddy? That is far to detailed and considered and thoughtful a post for Boxingscene.

I think what you probably meant to say was:

"Fury is a fightin' man! This scared rabbit dosser gonna get sparked!" or something similar?

(I agree on pretty much all your points though).
            letsgochump letsgochump likes this.

Comment

I think Fury rightfully gets credit for his footwork and head movement “for a big guy.” He uses it to great effect against other big guys. Usyk will make him look slow and lumbering. Fury will need to catch him off guard with something big. He won’t outbox him and certainly won’t be a walk over.

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post

If Usyk had any fans, he would've fought in the Ukraine instead of having to fight on the road all the time.

Fury is already one of the biggest stars in boxing, whereas nobody outside of hardcore boxing fans has a clue who Usyk is.
                In which Arena ? We only have open air football stadiums but not big indoor arenas like O2,MEN,T-Mobile,MSG etc. Plus no Ukrainian would pay at least 50€ to watch the fight in the arena. That it’s why makes more sense economically to have the fights in the UK,US & Saudi. Plus it’s Ukraine and not THE.

Comment

Originally posted by takenotes View Post
                  Fury easily beats Joyce. I think Fury chases Usyk around all night and loses a UD
                  Yes Usyk‘s speed,mobility and stamina will trouble Fury. That’s the first time he faces such an opponent since 2013 when he was much younger & faster.
                  Gamboal00 Gamboal00 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Silence View Post
                    Fury will KO Usyk in 7. Mark my words.

Also, he ain't star. He is shameless bum who can't say single word against trash talking bath.
                    A „bum“ who is Undefeated Cruiserweight World Champ,Unified World Heavyweight Champ, won all his World title fights in the opponent‘s backyard and still undefeated. Plus Olympic Gold. Are you stupid or are you stupid ?
                    letsgochump letsgochump likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post

Try harder fanboy, you´re embarrassing yourself.
                      Why? By pointing out facts?

Try harder Slowbrain

Comment

Working...
                      X