No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Usyk's a Star, But He's Not on Fury's Heavyweight Level

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hhh1200 View Post

Fury and Hill are going totally neutralize pitty pat angle Lomachenko. If any other heavyweight was going 12 rounds like this dude, they would crying remove him from the division, he's boring, no one wants to see that, etc, etc, etc.
    They used to accuse Fury of being a boring fighter, but Usyk gets away with it because he's got an eastern-euro name.

Comment

Usyk, of the top cruiserweights to be successful at heavyweight, is the slickest.

Not as hard a puncher as Holyfield and Haye, but has some power. If he didn't, then Joshua would've walked through him, but not the case.

I still rate Holyfield as the best cruiserweight to be successful at heavyweight, if you look at who he fought and beat.

Ganondorf Ganondorf likes this.

Comment

Fury better be ready, that is all I can say.

Usyk is not a bum like Wilder or Whyte.
        Damn Wicked Damn Wicked likes this.

Comment

Fury definitely will be the favourite going in. But if the referee will not allow endless hugging and dirty boxing then it will indeed be more level. Wallin isn't as skilled as Usyk but he is a boxer puncher and a lefty. Fury struggled with him. Wlad was a good boxer with good ability to control distance and even at that age fairly good speed for a HW. Fury was a lot faster back then and yet it was not an easy fight, Fury mostly nullified Wlad and himself hardly did much more. Cunningham was a skilled boxer and he clipped Fury hard. Despite development since then Fury hasn't really fought skilled boxers. Wilder has a murderous punch but he has only that. Aside from that Fury's last fights are Sefer Safari, Frans Pizzanetta, Tom Schwarz and Whyte. Whyte while having some skill is exceptionally slow and has very poor footwork and poor defence. These are easy fights for Fury with Wallin and Wilder being the only challenges Fury faced since 2015 and with both he just barely escaped defeat.

Usyk fought really tough opposition in Glowacki, Hunter, Briedis, Gassiev, Bellew, Chisora and Joshua. Usyk has consistently fought world class opponents with the exception of Chisora and Witherspoon and Chisora was still a tough fight stylistically as Chisora uses his size as his main weapon.

Usyk and Fury have both shown ability to adapt and find a way to win in difficult situations mid fight and this makes them quite rare and interesting to watch. I was really impressed both times against AJ how Usyk found a new gear after Joshua having good rounds. For Fury of course his recovery against Wilder was tough but the way he changed his style completely against Wallin going against what Davison was saying mid fight was the most impressive things Fury has done. It looked like an upset was the only way the fight could go but Fury turned it around into a wrestling match where Wallin was fairly useless. It was not entertaining but it was Fury doing what was needed to win.

Hopefully we will see a boxing match though if they ever fight for the undisputed. It would be so bad for the sport if the top of the top division is decided by the bigger man holding the smaller man and doing the miminum to win on points.

I think with the war in Ukraine and his story of climbing up from cruiser makes Usyk are more potential star. Fury is a big loudmouth that attracts mostly folks who are like that already. Usyk conducts himself like a champion always despite having a good sense of humour. Usyk winning would be a great thing and would put him at an instant ATG status.
          Slowhand Slowhand likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by letsgochump View Post
            I think with the war in Ukraine and his story of climbing up from cruiser makes Usyk are more potential star.

Usyk has no fans, hence him being on the road his entire career.

Fury on the other hand, is selling 60,000+ tickets against a man that he had already beaten twice.

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post

Usyk has no fans, hence him being on the road his entire career.

Fury on the other hand, is selling 60,000+ tickets against a man that he had already beaten twice.
              Rly? If a Fury fan says Usyk has no fans it HAS to be true! If Usyk could fight in Ukraine I'm sure nobody would show up to watch the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by letsgochump View Post

Rly? If a Fury fan says Usyk has no fans it HAS to be true! If Usyk could fight in Ukraine I'm sure nobody would show up to watch the fight.

If Usyk had any fans, he would've fought in the Ukraine instead of having to fight on the road all the time.

Fury is already one of the biggest stars in boxing, whereas nobody outside of hardcore boxing fans has a clue who Usyk is.

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post

If Usyk had any fans, he would've fought in the Ukraine instead of having to fight on the road all the time.

Fury is already one of the biggest stars in boxing, whereas nobody outside of hardcore boxing fans has a clue who Usyk is.
                  You just keep on sucking. Like the taste or are you getting paid?
                  Rebelrbg Rebelrbg likes this.

Comment

I would have Fury favorite in the fight because of size and skills but still would like to see the fight.

Comment

Fury easily beats Joyce. I think Fury chases Usyk around all night and loses a UD

Comment

Working...
                      X