Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Crawford, Avanesyan, Cyborg, Nelson - Open Workouts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlackRobb View Post

Ugas lost to two cab drivers we can't even name. He also lost to the immortal Amir Iman, a career jr. welterweight who fell off the face of the earth after Ramirez beat his azz. Ugas is an aging journeyman with five losses, nothing more. You Spence man fans will do and say anything to inflate your boy. Any word on those Spence-Thurman tickets yet? LOL!!!!
    I’m not a Spence fan. I’m actually a huge Bud fan, but there’s no need to shiet on someone’s resume to enhance someone else’s. After those loses you’ve mentioned, ugas stepped away and didn’t fight for 3 yrs. Ever since he returned, he’s been on a nice run.

Comment

The pendulum swings to emotional extremes.

I think Ugas had a terrific run that speaks to his character and craft, to the point he annexed a major world title. That says something. He lost to a very focused and prepared current great in Spence. No shame there.

Relative to Spence and Crawford. Count me as a BIG fan of both fighters. I have no idea who would have won. I do know I can make a case for either side; neither wore a black hat. I do believe one was better connected than the other at the biz end. I do believe the biz end was the problem and that none of this is a character-thing.

Speaking of biz, Crawford, like Spence, has to eat AND stay fluid and sharp. His upcoming battle this weekend is a reasonable choice given the ranking AND the need to stay sharp and at his best. This one match per year stuff is garbage, the biz wiring issues aside. At 35, the bell tolls for Crawford, who I believe is less than five bouts away from walking away. Hopefully we see Spence before March, or at least the end of March. He too needs to stay sharp, and besides, he is a pleasure to watch.

Too many on these boards use the framework of boxing and its stars as a means to posture and rant. The added negative is the disrespect to the fighters themselves. Examples of this can be found in this very thread. There's never two sides to the story and there's never different vantage points with which to view fighters, big match negotiation, etc. Boxing history is replete with examples of all-time greats taking non-title OR title tune-ups. Many on these boards denigrate past foes Crawford has defeated, yet in the same breath would raise their hand if asked if Joe Calzaghe was a great or all-time great fighter, without realizing all the garage time that went into his fine career. Just take a look at the many fighters he defended against. Few were household names but EACH was deserving to share a ring with Calzaghe relative to the need of the moment. No bull****. Now in this very thread Spence' latest win and the fine fighter he was successful against is under ignorant fire.

There are very few true boxing fans on these boards. And even fewer with any sense of understanding and history relative to the sport.
      Last edited by Hooded Terror; 12-08-2022, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by chepboxingking View Post

I’m not a Spence fan. I’m actually a huge Bud fan, but there’s no need to shiet on someone’s resume to enhance someone else’s. After those loses you’ve mentioned, ugas stepped away and didn’t fight for 3 yrs. Ever since he returned, he’s been on a nice run.
        On a "nice run" beating who, a semi-retired Manny and a body bags named Abel Ramos and Omar Figueroa Jr.? Ugas had 12 KOs in 27 fights, 5 losses and less hair on his head than I do. Please stop. He was never an elite fighter and never will be.

Btw, what happened to that Boots Ennis fight he was pushing for? He never mentioned Boots' name more than once, and it was for clout so Spence man fans like you would say "Ooooooooh! That Yordenis Ugas is a reeeeeeeaaaaaallllllll one, ain't he?"

Comment

I still don't understand this BLK Prime thing. The cynic in me feels like they're laundering money lol.

Comment

Working...
          X