Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Austin Trout Plans To Multi-Task Runs in Bare Knuckle and Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boro View Post

Dat nguyen is a freak athlete you can't compare him to Trout, he's done all sorts NFL linebacker , a bit of boxing and BK and most likely more than that... also he can crack unlike Trout.
    The Dat Nguyen who played NFL linebacker is an entirely different guy from the fighter, dude. The NFL linebacker would've been a heavyweight had he fought; the fighter boxed at feather and suprer feather.

And the fighter isn't much of a puncher. He only had 7 KOs in 23 pro fights.

Comment

Originally posted by famicommander View Post

The Dat Nguyen who played NFL linebacker is an entirely different guy from the fighter, dude. The NFL linebacker would've been a heavyweight had he fought; the fighter boxed at feather and suprer feather.

And the fighter isn't much of a puncher. He only had 7 KOs in 23 pro fights.
      He was certainly a puncher in BKFC, I remember the fight were he was down and he knocked his opponent out and blood got all over the camera lens...
      Last edited by Boro; 12-06-2022, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Boro View Post

He was certainly a puncher in BKFC, I remember the fight were he was down and he knocked his opponent out and blood got all over the camera lens...
        Yes, that's because MMA dudes can't take punches from legitimate boxers. The only two legitimate boxers that weren't completely washed to appear in BKFC were Dat Nguyen and Nico Hernandez, and both should be undefeated.

You can't just run a 46 year old, 25 loss Chop Chop Corley or a retired Paulie Malinaggi in there, beat them, and then say MMA is better than boxing for bare knuckle. Those guys were completely toast.

If you put the best boxers in the BKFC ring against the best UFC fighters, the boxers would win at least 75% of the time. A guy like Tyson Fury, Canelo Alvarez, Naoya Inoue, Terence Crawford, Errol Spence, etc would completely dominate. I don't care who you put them against.

I've watched every BKFC event so far and the commentators love to push the narrative that boxers do poorly in the sport, but again, that's a function of the low pay and matching completely washed and/or terrible boxers against very high level MMA fighters much closer to their primes.

Comment

Originally posted by famicommander View Post

Yes, that's because MMA dudes can't take punches from legitimate boxers. The only two legitimate boxers that weren't completely washed to appear in BKFC were Dat Nguyen and Nico Hernandez, and both should be undefeated.

You can't just run a 46 year old, 25 loss Chop Chop Corley or a retired Paulie Malinaggi in there, beat them, and then say MMA is better than boxing for bare knuckle. Those guys were completely toast.

If you put the best boxers in the BKFC ring against the best UFC fighters, the boxers would win at least 75% of the time. A guy like Tyson Fury, Canelo Alvarez, Naoya Inoue, Terence Crawford, Errol Spence, etc would completely dominate. I don't care who you put them against.

I've watched every BKFC event so far and the commentators love to push the narrative that boxers do poorly in the sport, but again, that's a function of the low pay and matching completely washed and/or terrible boxers against very high level MMA fighters much closer to their primes.
          There isn't any "very high level" MMA guys, there is guys with names like MVP, Perry, Leben, Lobov and so on but the reality is they were puddings in MMA in fact it's arguable Trout will be their most accomplished fighter they've signed to date...

Comment

Working...
          X