No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Shakur Stevenson: "135 Is An Overrated Division"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Shakur Stevenson: "135 Is An Overrated Division"

Although each weight class has its own level of prestige, the boxing landscape has several glamor divisions. Amongst them, 135 has protruded near the top. With fighters such as Devin Haney, Vasiliy Lomachenko, Gervonta Davis, and Ryan Garcia making a name for themselves, mouthwatering showdowns between them have continued to dominate the headlines.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I mostly agree, it's definitely not as deep or dangerous as 140.

Comment

It's a great division, and salute to Michel Rivera and Frank Martin! I sincerely appreciate that match up! Hope GBP can get Kid Austin some real fights in 2023! I also hope Shakur fights Pitbull! He's talking about fighters not making fights, so I hope he's not one of them! MAN UP!

Comment

Stevenson is talking a lot of smack, moving up into the 135 pound weight division.
        He's got a plethora of skill set's, but let's see if fights at the higher wait are more difficult for him.
        The 130 pound weight division was a virtual cake walk for him, 135 should prove more difficult.
        Where he'll really be tested at would be the 140 pound weight class if, and when he decides to move up to it.

Comment

Completely agree with him. The undisputed champion hasn’t really beaten anyone- I think that’s speaks volumes.

Comment

does he say this about his great pal bud and the 147 division i wonder
            Rebelrbg Rebelrbg likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Smash View Post
              does he say this about his great pal bud and the 147 division i wonder
              Lol 147 is a much better deeper division than 135 my man. So is 140, 154, 122 and 126. Funny thing is the only division that may be more top heavy talent wise below 160 than 135 is the one Shakur just came from and that's 130.
              Rebelrbg Rebelrbg Smash Smash like this.

Comment

Man, at first I thought he was really just talking smack but my man Stevenson is right on point. You have all these divas fighting each other through social media and nothing else. The 135 division is like a storage area with caged pups talking about what they would do to each other if someone let them out. A 135lbs tournament would be pretty good right about now but the politics won't allow it. It's just sad. However, I think Stevenson, sadly, is right.

Comment

The talent is there.

With Haney, Lomachenko, Garcia, Davis, and now Stevenson, there are 5 fighters, in or near their prime, that are or likelihood to be multi division Champions and are popular. Not to mention worthy challengers like Kambosos, Cruz, Rivera, Martin, and Zepeda.

Boxing is in such a state that they don’t capitalize even when there’s talent. Promoters and managers worried about financial loss, the media worried about credential and financial loss, and fans, generally, criticizing the matchmaking, yet ridiculing and discrediting fighters with losses leading to popularity and financial loss. A toxic cycle; without even mentioning the ABC organizations and judging.

Comment

I agree, but having Stevenson to it only adds to the overrating....

Comment

Working...
                    X