No announcement yet.

James Kirkland Sentenced, Fighting in 9/10 Months

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James Kirkland Sentenced, Fighting in 9/10 Months

BoxingScene.com has just learned that undefeated junior middleweight James Kirkland was sentenced earlier today to 24 months at federal court in Austin, Texas. The court shaved off 6 months for time already served, and he also will receive 100 days off for good behavior under the guidelines. When he reaches the point where six months are remaining on his sentence, Kirkland will go to a half-way house to begin training to fight again.
    [details]

cool, but he's still overrated though.

Comment

Good news. Kirkland is exciting and will be very good for boxing!! He needs to get his act together and never do dumb shiznit again!!

Comment

Originally posted by joe90210 View Post
        cool, but he's still overrated though.
        overrated? in what way? hes an exciting all out fighter with defense beign the last thing on his mind. boxing needs him back.

Comment

Good news.

thank god it's only months and not years.

Comment

I wouldnt mind seeing him fight again.... but hes still a ****ing idiot for getting himself into this mess........

Comment

Good for James Kirkland, I thought they were going to throw the book at him considering his past and usually they are not lenient on federal charges. Hopefully he can stay in shape, learn from this and go on to do big things.

Comment

Hopefully he can get his head right and start surrounding himself with the right people.

Comment

I have a .40 cal glock, does that mean I'm going to jail?

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post
                    I have a .40 cal glock, does that mean I'm going to jail?

Are you an ex felon on probation?

Comment

Working...
                    X