Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roy Jones Feels There Was Miscommunication Between Joshua and Garcia in Usyk Loss

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Roy Jones Feels There Was Miscommunication Between Joshua and Garcia in Usyk Loss

Former four division world champion Roy Jones Jr. believes there was miscommunication between Anthony Joshua and his corner, when the British star collided with Oleksandr Usyk in their August rematch.
    [Click Here To Read More]

R Garcia gets 0 blame.

AJ went to US in October 2021 on a trainer search. He only choose Garcia in May 2022. That is 7 months later. Garcia landed in UK start of June 2022 if i remember right. How can theyexpect to change or help AJ in like 2 months

on top of that the rumour was AJ didn't even choose Garcia, Fernandez did. And when it came to the fight it looked like Fernandez was the head coach in the corner not Garcia anyway so they called R Garcia up pointlessly he wasn't even given the respect as head trainer neither was he given the appropriate time

The fault is AJs. And he is still not learning. He claimed after the loss i need to be active i'm going to ask Eddie to fight in Nov. Now Eddie saying he'll fight April.

I'm not even surprised whilst most of you were getting excited for aj fury talks or fury usyk i told everyone before the rematch and after the rematch that neither aj or usyk were going to fight again in 2022 and i was right

Comment

"Robert Garcia wasn't black enough to be able to communicate with Anthony Joshua."

-Roy Jones Jr

Comment

Yeah the miscommunication was Garcia wanted him to fight and that contradicted Joshua’s decision to quit trying to win because of his limited skill and stamina.
        Calibaloc Calibaloc likes this.

Comment

Roy is one my favourite fighters ever but in terms of training he just trys to clone his fighters to have his style of fighting an the guys are atheletic but there not as athletic as he was to pull of that kinda style for 12 rounds.

Comment

The problem was Garcia wasn’t given the spot as head coach. Garcia didn’t have much control over what went on, if any. From what i saw anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
              "Robert Garcia wasn't black enough to be able to communicate with Anthony Joshua."

-Roy Jones Jr
              This, in a nutshell.

Robert Garcia is an excellent coach and regardless of "background", he's fluent in boxing, which is all that matters.

And all this stuff about him being too small to teach big heavyweights, yeah, because everyone remembers the 6'6" man-mountain Emmanuel Steward, the only guy big enough to teach Lennox Lewis and Wladimir Klitschko how to fight effectively using their size. Then there's Angelo Dundee, another behemoth amongst men...
              TreD TreD likes this.

Comment

The problem was the other trainer in Joshua'a corner. He talked too damn much and didn't let Robert say much. Why was that guy even needed? What champion has he trained b4?

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post

-Roy Jones Jr
                  That's exactly what Jones was trying to say.

Comment

RJJ ONCE a great fighter now he’s trying to live off the past , not a great success as a trainer in fact he’s awful , the female fighter he has were awful when he got her afew ago and she’s worse now , he needs to learn how to coach fighters and not just be “ RRJ trainer “ anyone can call themselves a trainer but coaching and reaching a fighter are worlds apart .

Comment

Working...
                    X