Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Abel Sanchez Is Giving Thurman Little To No Chance Against Spence

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Comments Thread For: Abel Sanchez Is Giving Thurman Little To No Chance Against Spence

    Well before Errol Spence Jr. became a unified welterweight champion and pound-for-pound stalwart, the Dallas native called for a showdown against former WBC and WBA champion, Keith Thurman.
    [Click Here To Read More]

  • #2
    Hard not to disagree, I don't think this version of Thurman is a top 10 Welterweight, but he somehow becomes next in line via the WBC (thank you Al Haymon and the corrupt Sulaiman).

    Comment


    • #3
      Hasn't it been like 4 years since Thurman had a win against a WW???

      Comment


      • #4
        Abel is the same guy that thought Zurdo was going to beat Bivol. He's becoming more like Teddy Atlas

        Comment


        • #5
          You don't need boxing experts to know who everyone is predicting to win. It's not about the skill level, but the size difference. Thurman is a small welterweight and frail. Ugas would punch him like a rag doll just like he did Pacquiao.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Body the jab View Post
            Hard not to disagree, I don't think this version of Thurman is a top 10 Welterweight, but he somehow becomes next in line via the WBC (thank you Al Haymon and the corrupt Sulaiman).
            You can definitely not name 10 WW better than Thurman presently
            Last edited by BomaE; 11-25-2022, 10:47 AM.
            Rebelrbg Rebelrbg likes this.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by BomaE View Post

              You can definitely not name 10 we better than Thurman presently
              If Thurman beats any of these guys, it will be via rigged cards to set him up for a fight with Spence which he already has via corruption

              Crawford
              Spence
              Ortiz Jr
              Ennis
              Stan
              Avan - 6 stoppages in last 6 fights
              Benn - with/out gear
              Ugas - Beaten by 3 prospects but Thurman is so past it. They'd have to rig the cards like the Porter fight
              Butaev - Big and durable with 4-5 in reach avg on Thurman
              Giovani Santillan - southpaw, very active with heavy, heavy bodywork

              Thurman, beaten by Manny and 1 fight in 600 days vs a 135 lber who made Thurman backpaddle from the bodywork) in his current condition can beat Blair Cobb, his twin.

              People still living off of the Thurman vs Diego Chaves dream.



              Even his prime he kept walking into Chaves counters and got his nose broken.
              Last edited by hhh1200; 11-24-2022, 11:54 AM.

              Comment


              • #8
                He’s right. Keith Thurman has never been same fighter since his Danny ‘Swift’ Garcia fight where he injured his elbow and required surgery back in 2017.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by hhh1200 View Post

                  If Thurman beats any of these guys, it will be via rigged cards to set him up for a fight with Spence which he already has via corruption

                  Crawford
                  Spence
                  Ortiz Jr
                  Ennis
                  Stan
                  Avan - 6 stoppages in last 6 fights
                  Benn - with/out gear
                  Ugas - Beaten by 3 prospects but Thurman is so past it. They'd have to rig the cards like the Porter fight
                  Butaev - Big and durable with 4-5 in reach avg on Thurman
                  Giovani Santillan - southpaw, very active with heavy, heavy bodywork

                  Thurman, beaten by Manny and 1 fight in 600 days vs a 135 lber who made Thurman backpaddle from the bodywork) in his current condition can beat Blair Cobb, his twin.

                  People still living off of the Thurman vs Diego Chaves dream.



                  Even his prime he kept walking into Chaves counters and got his nose broken.
                  You're trippin'. Thurman surely beats everybody on this list except Crawford, Spence, Ennis, and Ortiz. And I think he beats Ortiz.

                  Rebelrbg Rebelrbg likes this.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                    He’s right. Keith Thurman has never been same fighter since his Danny ‘Swift’ Garcia fight where he injured his elbow and required surgery back in 2017.
                    Agreed. I'm hoping he can finally get back to that. But, even as a Thurman fan I'm realistic enough to say that even pre-2017 injury Keith would probably have been an underdog against Spence. Even before the injuries, he lost that killer instinct and went with more of a Floyd approach to fighting.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X
                    TOP