No announcement yet.

Did Mayweather duck Amir Khan or not?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Mayweather duck Amir Khan or not?

Anyone remember the scam Poll which Mayweather did on his twitter in 2014 asking fans whom would they choose as his next opponent between Marcos Maidana and Amir Khan? People chose Amir Khan and he was the clear winner of that poll. What did Mayweather do next? He went (against) that very Poll and people's choice and went on to fight Marcos Maidana instead clearly going against his word and people's choice??

The Worst part is that Mayweather received little to no backlash from the American media as Khan was the British fighter. Mayweather got away with fighting a limited slower opponent when clearly real fans know that Khan with his speed would have been the more challenging stylistic fight for Mayweather.

Mayweather throughout his career has fought slower sluggish opponents apart from Zab Juddah a fight where he struggled massively agaisnt Speed, and only fought Manny Pacquiao when Pacquiao was at the near end of his career.

Lets make no mistake about it , Mayweather is a great champion fighter and has a proven legacy but that Poll thing was a true embarrassment going against his word and a slap on the face of BOXING FANS, I don't understand why people chose to ignore this part???

PS: Mods can you please add a poll to this one?
    1)Yes, he ducked Amir Khan.
    2)No he did not duck Amir Khan, Maidana was the better choice.
    Last edited by Lullaby; 11-24-2022, 05:37 AM.

Imagine someone like Christiano Ronaldo or Messi going against their word by asking fans which club they should join and then doing the opposite? or lets say Khabib or Conor doing a Poll and choosing to fight the loser of the Poll how much backlash would there be from the American press??

It amazes me that Mayweather got little to no American media backlash on this one..

Comment

Maidana was the more deserving opponent in 2014. He was coming off the Broner win, meanwhile Khan had been inactive and hadn’t done anything at 147.

I do think Floyd never really fancied the Khan fight though tbf. I think Mayweather would have beat Khan but I don’t think Floyd fancied having to chase Khan, walk him down etc, at that stage of his career Floyd was much more comfortable boxing off the back foot against pressure fighters. I don’t think he felt the reward was high enough to step out of his comfort zone against Khan. Had it happened I’d have picked Mayweather by TKO.

Comment

Originally posted by Lullaby View Post
        Imagine someone like Christiano Ronaldo or Messi going against their word by asking fans which club they should join and then doing the opposite? or lets say Khabib or Conor doing a Poll and choosing to fight the loser of the Poll how much backlash would there be from the American press??

It amazes me that Mayweather got little to no American media backlash on this one..
        You realize Manny did the same thing with a poll that Khan won?

Manny and Floyd both destroy Khan who was nothing at top level.
        Last edited by Roadblock; 11-24-2022, 06:21 AM.

Comment

Look at the Floyd Gucci shoe shine boy always trying to slide Manny's name into Floyd's jankyness.

Absolutely Floyd ducked Khan. People had grown tired of Floyd cherrypicking the same short, short armed, flat footed, come forward fighters. At least with Khan a) the fight would be highly entertaining b) Floyd would have to think fast and c)Khan is gonna land all the way even in defeat.

Floyd just wanted easy fights man its a reason why Larry Big Dunn and Iron Dan have 200,000 posts combined because their life is defending Floyd's blatant cherrypicks.
          Last edited by djtmal; 11-24-2022, 07:40 AM.

Comment

He ducked Pac around 2009, Margarito and Pavlik. Not A Mere Con. Fluid would spank any version of him.

Comment

Ployd didn’t duc any mo ****ed
              flozoid fought and avoided big punchers

Comment

Mayweather would have KO Amir Khan

Comment

Khan wasn't that good.

I never thought Khan was anything special. I'm tired of people acting like he was some generational talent.

Comment

Khan gives him major issues for 3 rounds until he can time those repetitive combos which even Canelo was able to do. End of story. No reason to duck Khan other than he is annoying.

Comment

Working...
                    X