Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn Says He Has 'Bit of Sympathy' For Haymon in Spence-Crawford Negotiations

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by factsarenice View Post

Actually.....Crawford never asked for a guaranty, there never was a guaranty.

Go ahead and google it then come back and use that edit button ....no shame in that.

Peace out.
    Crawford literally admitted on record that he sought out a sketchy "hedge fund" for...what?

A guarantee.

Oops

Comment

Originally posted by dan-b View Post

Fans are not the reason fights don't get done - they have no power
      BS. No fans, No buyrate. No buyrate, no way to mitigate risk.

Fans are the ONLY ones with power.

That's why Mexican fighters get such good turnouts and why Mexican fighters tend to always get big fights.

We just saw Carlos Ocampo who fought in Mexico all but one time recently get a big fight out of nowhere. Why? Mexican fans.

Why do you think Mayweather can command eight figure paydays fighting nobodies? Fans.

Why do you think Crawford "can't sell out a family reunion"? He lacks fans.

It's not hard, brother

Comment

Arum stated he was losing money on Bud for years. Hearn said he had no interest in signing him.

Haymon was willing to do the Spence fight but he wasn’t taking a bath on it. If the fight did big business then everyone gets paid.

Bud was scared to bet on himself.
        Roadblock Roadblock likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by P to the J View Post

All well and good, but this is the conflict at the heart of boxing isn’t?

I just want the fights, and yeah, I do think middlemen (promoters, etc.) should suck it, and get capped on percentage at the expense of the true risk taker, the boxer, because the middleman’s labour is overrated in terms of value added and actual work expended.

Ofc, they’re not gonna limit their earnings to make me or other fans happy, so both parties, consumer and provider, regularly find themselves at an impasse.
          The thing is, it's an easy conflict to get around.

The B-Side has to accept ALL TERMS.

Don't complain, don't question, don't fight, don't negotiate in bad faith.

Accept ALL TERMS.

Certain people don't get this.
          • Devin Haney just pulled off TWO championship fights back-to-back and didn't have an issue, unifying 135 in the span of time we've been talking about this.
          • Fury and Wilder had a trilogy - PBC and Arum working together. Some issues but the point is, they fought THREE TIMES in the span of time that we've been talking about Spence/Crawford happening.
          • Spence took the WBC from Porter and the WBA from Ugas, stopping prime Ugas for the first time where Manny Pacquiao failed to even get close. All in the time we were talking about Spence/Crawford.
          • Jermell Charlo unified 154 in that same span of time.
          • Canelo Alvarez unified 168 in that same span of time.
          • We had Rungvisai and Estrada fight twice in that same span of time.
          • We had two Rungvisai/Choco fights in that same span of time.
          • We had TWO Joshua/Ruiz fights in that same span of time.
          • We had TWO Joshua/Usyk fights in that same span of time.
          • Josh Taylor unified 140 in that same span of time.

Etc etc etc. All in the span of time that Crawford was sitting comfortable collecting a check at Top Rank (Bob Arum put that on blast, so it can't be denied).

All he had to do after leaving Top Rank is either (A) join PBC or (B) stay solo but regardless, ACCEPT ALL TERMS, go in there and prove what you say, then you can call shots. Not before.

That's the problem. Even Porter called it out. He wants to negotiate like an A-Side against Spence, that's what held the fight up. Not PBC.

My issue is that Crawford's fans think Spence is the one to prove something when no - Spence has THREE belts and FIVE Top 5 Welterweight scalps. This isn't hard.

Comment

He did accept all terms didn't he? No guarantee and 35% of the profits. Now if you're basing your purse on the profits, surely you would be curious to see the expenditure, no?
            I know I would
            greeneye99 greeneye99 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by harry-greb View Post
              He did accept all terms didn't he? No guarantee and 35% of the profits. Now if you're basing your purse on the profits, surely you would be curious to see the expenditure, no?
              I know I would
              And apparently, they gave him the ok to not only look at expenditure but also to ok it, meaning Bud had the rights over pretty much everything, this is why Errol called on bud to show the contract because its all there, Bud declined just as he declined to show his hedge fund, why is Bud trying so hard to convince fans yet refuse to show the two things that would show with doubt who is lying.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                Charlo is fighting Tszyu, so that can't happen until at least next summer. In the meantime, I think Boots or Fundora are much better than Thurman!
                I dont disagree at all about them being better fights. Stanionis is better than " Once upon a time " Thurman. That said I believe Spence fights Thurman because it's the softer touch and hopefully we get one of the other fights mid spring 2023.

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
                  Hearn just wants to see other promotions fail the way he has failed at Dazn. He can say Spence vs Crawford won’t be as big as people think it is, but the fact is he’s the one who helped sign guys to absurd guaranteed contracts, didn’t see that work out, backed out of long term contracts and has also gone back on the Ppv is dead theory because none of these guys he thought would do big numbers have had successful events.
                  Hearn isn't alone in failing to deliver, Haymon has **** the bed just as much himself so step out that glass house for a second.

What do NBC,ABC,FOX,CBS,BOUNCE and SPIKE TV all have in common? They ALL decided to forgo renewing thier partnership(investment)with PBC because it failed to deliver. For all you guys crying about how "no one watches boxing on an some obscure app(DAZN)"....well guess where Showtime,PBC's lone investor,is headed once it is swallowed up by the P+ merger,an app?

Haymon had a $700 million dollar Waddle &Reed war chest to build PBC and bring boxing "back to free network TV doe" . You tell me how that pan out seeing as Haymon has had to resort to throwing everything and anything Showtime can't cover onto ppv in less than what 5-6yrs??

Both Haymon and Hearn have **** the bed if were being unbiased here. Atleast Hearn has that cash cow Joshua, and at times Canelo,in his back pocket . Joshua alone is 10x's more profitable for Hearn/Match/Dazn than all of PBC's stable are for Haymon combined so who really has "failed" here?

Comment

Originally posted by Sctrojan View Post

Hearn isn't alone in failing to deliver, Haymon has **** the bed just as much himself so step out that glass house for a second.

What do NBC,ABC,FOX,CBS,BOUNCE and SPIKE TV all have in common? They ALL decided to forgo renewing thier partnership(investment)with PBC because it failed to deliver. For all you guys crying about how "no one watches boxing on an some obscure app(DAZN)"....well guess where Showtime,PBC's lone investor,is headed once it is swallowed up by the P+ merger,an app?

Haymon had a $700 million dollar Waddle &Reed war chest to build PBC and bring boxing "back to free network TV doe" . You tell me how that pan out seeing as Haymon has had to resort to throwing everything and anything Showtime can't cover onto ppv in less than what 5-6yrs??

Both Haymon and Hearn have **** the bed if were being unbiased here. Atleast Hearn has that cash cow Joshua, and at times Canelo,in his back pocket . Joshua alone is 10x's more profitable for Hearn/Match/Dazn than all of PBC's stable are for Haymon combined so who really has "failed" here?
                    The one in the glass house is Hearn as I clearly explained. I didn’t defend Haymon or claim he’s had success so not sure why you went on an excessive rant. Although Haymon did do much better his one fight with Canelo than Hearn has done in his many opportunities with him. Nice novel though.

Comment

Originally posted by hhh1200 View Post
                      They won't make the fight because no dude with one foot in the ring and the other foot in a bar is going to beat Crawford. You have to completely out of your mind if you think otherwise. Spence is a mess. The only hope is Crawford ages in the ring. Crawford is going to take Spence down just like Fury did to Wilder. Spence is Haymon's last ace unless he can get his hands on someone like Ryan Garcia which is why he won't make the Tank fight because he wants Garica's contract from GBP
                      It’s funny when a man falls and the pile on crew is there to make sure that a mistake that happened THREE YEARS AGO is played up to this day as if he still has an issue. He has spoken on this and came clean about alcohol and his decreased activity. Yet, you’ll have the National Enquirer cheer fan section fully immersed into celebrity worship continue the saga. We all need a little female drama. I get it.

FYI, SRL was an alcoholic and drug abuser but still an ATG. If it makes you feel better to keep rehashing s h I t from three years ago I guess to each his own.

Comment

Working...
                      X