Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mikey Garcia Predicts That Terence Crawford Will Beat Errol Spence

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The headline misrepresents his comments. He thinks it's 50/50 but that he leans slightly to Crawford because he thinks he is more able to make adjustments on the fly. I can't disagree with that; Crawford is good at making adjustments on the fly and I think the fight would be a pick em. I doubt the fight gets made any time soon though.
    ptek ptek likes this.

Comment

Those that have faced both are giving the edge to Spence.

Mikey only faced one. It's egotistically easier to see the fighter that he hasn't lost to (or faced), winning.

Plus they were stablemates. Garcia might be slightly more invested in Crawford.

Comment

It's all good Mikey because I'm predicting Sandor Martin stopping you inside the distance in a rematch!
        TheIronMike TheIronMike likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Lefty0616 View Post

Mikey only faced one. It's egotistically easier to see the fighter that he hasn't lost to (or faced), winning.

Why is it better for his "ego" that Crawford wins the opposite is true, that if Spence remains unbeaten for the rest of his career then Mikey can claim he lost to an absolute monster and "is it surprising I lost moving up to challenge a "great" like Spence"...

Comment

Originally posted by Lefty0616 View Post

Usually one’s ego would favor the guy that beat them.
            Kell Brook and Shawn Porter both picked Crawford. I don’t think anyone has bothered to ask Lamont Peterson. Who might you be talking about?
            ptek ptek likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Ropeydope View Post

Usually one’s ego would favor the guy that beat them.
              Kell Brook and Shawn Porter both picked Crawford. I don’t think anyone has bothered to ask Lamont Peterson. Who might you be talking about?
              My bad. You're right. I'm off with my thought process.
              Last edited by Lefty0616; 11-13-2022, 09:36 PM.

Comment

I'd take anything said by Mikey "I see something" Garcia with a pinch of salt. He ain't been the same since he saw Spence
                Leicesterage Combat Talk Radio likes this.

Comment

That beating is still hurting Mikey

Comment

Originally posted by T.M.T View Post
                    Mickey still shtty because he got his ass whooped dam near every round. Spence could've killed him but he wanted to show everybody that he can box for 12 rounds. Like he said he didn't even try to ko Mickey. Spence is going to blast Duckfords body and force him to stand and fight. That opens up everything to crack that water chin and get a late stoppage guaranteed
                    Are you forgetting that Mickey Garcia came up 2 weight classes ?????,
                    Sprint's is a natural 154lb fighter who can slim/boil down to 147lb. So it really ain't no big deal Sprint's beating M Garcia.
                    I would be more concerned about the fact that Errol Sprint's Jr couldn't knock little Micky Garcia out.
                    And I dought Sprint's gets anywhere near Crawford's body without getting seriously countered.
                    Sprint's style is tailor made for Crawford.
                    I see Sprint's getting knocked out from about the 8/9 round onwards.
                    Last edited by ptek; 11-14-2022, 01:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ptek View Post

Are you forgetting that Mickey Garcia came up 2 weight classes ?????,
                      Sprint's is a natural 154lb fighter who can slim/boil down to 147lb. So it really ain't no big deal Sprint's beating M Garcia.
                      I would be more concerned about the fact that Errol Sprint's Jr couldn't knock little Micky Garcia out.
                      And I dought Sprint's gets anywhere near Crawford's body without getting seriously countered.
                      Sprint's style is tailor made for Crawford.
                      I see Sprint's getting knocked out from about the 8/9 round onwards.
                      0-FS_PBC_PPV_031519_050-720x689.jpg
                      Not everyone can be knocked out.
                      Especially if they are in safety first mode.

Pac couldn't knock out Rios or Margarito and those guys were more susceptible to getting KTFO than Mikey.

Comment

Working...
                      X