Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Morrell's Trainer: Yerbossynuly Took Way Too Many Punches; Might Never Fight Again

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gunitsmith View Post
    Morrell looked like a giant next to Yerbossynuly
    I'm not sure what beating up a much smaller fighter proves. I hope Yerbossynuly is OK.

That’s boxing. Both fighters weigh virtually the same on the day of weigh in. Its been that way 100 years ago, last year and today. That’s the way it is in ALL professional sports. Welcome to the world.

Comment

I have NO IDEA what the hell people making comments here were watching. I’m now in round 10 and at NO POINT was Yerb shakin. At NO POINT did he stop throwing. He was completely active and he took some very hard shots in 10 yet never stopped throwing and landing his own hard shots. I’ve seen dozens of fights far far worse than this one never stopped. Not a single time did any announcer call for the fight to be stopped because he never stopped throwing.

The most dangerous fights are those where the fighter is taking hard shots but is giving no indication of giving in and keeps coming forward. It’s impossible for Weeks to make a stoppage call against a fighter so active. Yerb was still moving, coming forward and dodging shots in round 11. Even in round 12 up to the point of the KO he wasn’t wobbly, and sprang up within a half second of the first KD. The ring doctor was in his corner in round 9 and barely even looked at him. Obviously she was either incompetent or had little to no concerns. I think people need to rewatch this fight before making judgements such as what is being shared.

Hindsight is always 20/20
      Last edited by Boxingfanatic75; 11-07-2022, 01:12 AM.
      garfios garfios likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingfanatic75 View Post
        I have NO IDEA what the hell people making comments here were watching. I’m now in round 10 and at NO POINT was Yerb shakin. At NO POINT did he stop throwing. He was completely active and he took some very hard shots in 10 yet never stopped throwing and landing his own hard shots. I’ve seen dozens of fights far far worse than this one never stopped. Not a single time did any announcer call for the fight to be stopped because he never stopped throwing.

The most dangerous fights are those where the fighter is taking hard shots but is giving no indication of giving in and keeps coming forward. It’s impossible for Weeks to make a stoppage call against a fighter so active. Yerb was still moving, coming forward and dodging shots in round 11. Even in round 12 up to the point of the KO he wasn’t wobbly, and sprang up within a half second of the first KD. The ring doctor was in his corner in round 9 and barely even looked at him. Obviously she was either incompetent or had little to no concerns. I think people need to rewatch this fight before making judgements such as what is being shared.

Hindsight is always 20/20
        It's all very true, but I'll tell you this: if I'm a referee and see a fighter blinking hard, especially after a knockdown, whatever the round we're in, whatever the fighter has done until that moment, I'm stopping the fight.
        TheOneAboveAll TheOneAboveAll likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Tatabanya View Post

It's all very true, but I'll tell you this: if I'm a referee and see a fighter blinking hard, especially after a knockdown, whatever the round we're in, whatever the fighter has done until that moment, I'm stopping the fight.
          I can respect that comment and reasoning

Comment

This is why amateur boxing is the purest form of this sport. You get hit clearly X amount of times and the fight is over. It shouldn't be about how good you are at taking punishment.
            Luilun Luilun likes this.

Comment

he should stop all boxing there are far too many deaths and accidents in this unpleasant sport so brutal sport

Comment

I can respect that comment and reasoning
                Thanks. Just think that I had bet on poor Yerbossynuly to win in the late rounds, and until the 8th-9th rounds I was still hoping in a come-from-behind win... But when he was knocked down in the final round and started blinking like crazy, I immediately recalled Gerald McClellan doing the same vs Nigel Benn. Something was seriously wrong, even someone in the commentary team told something around the lines of "Yerbossynuly has problems with his eyes". Sigh. It feels so bad when you have tried to win money on someone who's now fighting for his life.

But, ultimately, you are correct when you say that we're all excellent pundits with the benefit of hindsight.
                Last edited by Tatabanya; 11-07-2022, 08:46 AM.
                Boxingfanatic75 Boxingfanatic75 likes this.

Comment

That’s boxing. Both fighters weigh virtually the same on the day of weigh in. Its been that way 100 years ago, last year and today. That’s the way it is in ALL professional sports. Welcome to the world.
                  Yea but back in the day like in the 1980’s and earlier dates fighters weigh in the same day of the fight today you have guys putting on 15 to 20 pounds after the weigh in . Why do you think Lomachenko said to Haney this guy is a lightweight when looking like a middleweight
                  Boxingfanatic75 Boxingfanatic75 likes this.

Comment

Working...
                  X