No announcement yet.

Ramirez was even worse than I thought

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
    To be honest, I haven`t seen too many his fights, but I have seen enough to be sure he wouldn`t beat Bivol. Not the same level.

So this is a "Mexican style", eating punches the whole night, fighting a smaller fighter?

Ramirez sucks.

I only saw his last 3 fights and thought he looked like garbage, very basic and slow with no defense. The Bivol fight went as I predicted although I did expect Zurdo to at least have more heart and fight mexican style instead he was intimidated and fought timid. He is just a can crusher.

Comment

I don't remember him being that Slow but I do think Bivol had a lot to do with why he looked that way

Bivol is much quicker than he gets credit for CLEARLY, even Canelo looked surprised by that, did not expect him to be the "MOVER" that he was in that fight because yeah on the outside looking in he does look very basic and kinda stuff but in that ring you find out he is why faster than he looks clearly

Comment

Originally posted by Punch on Tap View Post
        This is why the eye test rankings don’t work. You can’t base a fighter off of how they look when fighting guys they are supposed to beat.
        Unless you have eye sight problems you would know Zurdo looked like crap with the eye test anyway. Slow, plodding, pushes punches. I saw nothing new tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by lopetego View Post
          This is what happens when you put a hypejob with a padded record against an elite fighter

Canelo did much better than Ramirez

at least he made Bivol back down at times and tried to win

Bivol didn't even break a sweat with Zurdo
          Did he or Bivol was given instructions not to stop Canelo? He literally when ultra-aggressive from a high guard against a bigger, stronger man but sit back on box with Canelo when Canelo's punches didn't really affect him? He's like Crawford carrying Porter until his corner got the memo, stop BSing around!

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post

So you say Andrade is also elite and he would make canelo look average?

Wow, mate, but, well, it must be true.​
            And Liam Williams had Andrade holding on for dear life and went life and death with Jack Culcay.

Remind me when Bivol ever did that bad against an opponent??? Let alone opponentS???

Comment

Never a good sign when Top Rank drop an undefeated, big, good looking Mexican fighter. Usually means he isn't that good.

Comment

Originally posted by Oracle01 View Post

I only saw his last 3 fights and thought he looked like garbage, very basic and slow with no defense. The Bivol fight went as I predicted although I did expect Zurdo to at least have more heart and fight mexican style instead he was intimidated and fought timid. He is just a can crusher.
                I mean I saw the same things. But in general, the eye test is used too much. The fights have to just happen and that will always be the best way to see who the best is.

Comment

Originally posted by hhh1200 View Post

Did he or Bivol was given instructions not to stop Canelo? He literally when ultra-aggressive from a high guard against a bigger, stronger man but sit back on box with Canelo when Canelo's punches didn't really affect him? He's like Crawford carrying Porter until his corner got the memo, stop BSing around!
                  Bivol respects Canelo' counter punching and didn't want to give him opportunities.

Zurdo doesn't have that Nelo skill so Bivol could be more aggressive.

Bivol is more versatile than many think.

He showed his level tonight.

Great win vs a 44-0 fighter.

Bivol will imo he a solid fave vs Beter

Comment

Working...
                  X