Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bivol Shrugs at Canelo Rematch: 'Money is Good ... But Legacy Is Better'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rematch won't happen in 2023 due to Bivol.

Bivol: Beterbiev
    Canelo: Plant/Benavidez winner

If they win those fights, why not at 175 again?
    Last edited by Silence; 11-05-2022, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by baroidi View Post
      Dud Crawford, lookin' at you
      About to say...shots fired.

“Money is good, but legacy, I think, is better,” Bivol continued. “I love money too. Everybody loves money. But money is not the main thing I’m thinking about when I came to boxing, when I box. I want to make history. If I thought about money I would never be here.”

Comment

i am surprised there wasn't a rematch clause.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
          If only more fighters had this mindset rather than wasting their careers.
          Wasting their careers taking big money fights. Lol. Aight.

Not like Canelo is some meaningless fight. If he is paid well to rematch him it’s certainly a fight he should take.

Comment

Considering Bivol beat undersized Canelo fairly easy, you would think he would be very interested in a rematch. It almost seems like Bivol feels like he caught Canelo at the right time and doesn't want to risk a loss in a possible rematch. Bafflingly really, I feel Canelo is to small for LH and Bivol would win a rematch. Not sure what he's thinking.

Comment

Matchroom and Top Rank won't work together??? Say it ain't so! Al Haymon must be involved somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenfield02 View Post
                Considering Bivol beat undersized Canelo fairly easy, you would think he would be very interested in a rematch. It almost seems like Bivol feels like he caught Canelo at the right time and doesn't want to risk a loss in a possible rematch. Bafflingly really, I feel Canelo is to small for LH and Bivol would win a rematch. Not sure what he's thinking.
                What do you mean undersized? Bivol isn't a big 175LB fighter they basically weighed the same and if I wanted to nitpick, Canelo weighed more against Kovalev. Bivol just thoroughly whipped Canelo if anything people should question the score cards because they tried to rob Bivol. You don't think he noticed that? It's time to fight some mandatories at 168 or start dropping belts. The legacy is secured now right? The belts don't matter only the biggest fights.

Comment

This the perfect time to catch Canelo, he’s still young but has faced a who’s who and hasn’t taken a break so his body may be coming to an end, not completely but showing signs of an aged fighter for sure!

Comment

He took Ginger to school, taught him a few lessons and put him in detention. No need for a rematch. Them scorecards were bullsh.it. end of story

Comment

Dud Crawford disagrees.
                      Leicesterage Combat Talk Radio likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X