Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Trainer Shields: This Is Definitely Not An Easy Fight For Morrell Against Aidos Yerbossynuly

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Trainer Shields: This Is Definitely Not An Easy Fight For Morrell Against Aidos Yerbossynuly

By Keith Idec - MINNEAPOLIS - Boxing fans in the United States probably would have an easier time pronouncing Aidos Yerbossynuly's surname than identifying any of the conquests on the Kazakh contender's unblemished record. Ronnie Shields, David Morrell's respected trainer, still believes Yerbossynuly can give his talented, undefeated fighter plenty
    [Click Here To Read More]

Nothing wrong with shields taking the steps to progress Morrell but, in the meantime, if he isn't ready for the top guys, Morrell needs to shut his mouth.

Comment

I like Shields as a trainer and respect his accomplishments, but sometimes you have to allow or focus on a young fighter's controlled aggression. Not saying to let him swing for the fences, but make sure to nurture his killer instincts, so that he doesn't become too passive or defensively cautious. I, personally, believe that's why Jermell left, its just my opinion. Its fine for an older fighter, but a young guy needs to be allowed and shown that he can hit that killswitch when he needs it, and if it doesn't end the fight, controlled aggression until he sees his opening again.
      Corelone Corelone garfios garfios like this.

Comment

Yerbossynuly was saying when he beat Allen, he was expecting the Morrell fight would happen next, but team Morrell had to take 2 bums first before going straight to Aidos.

Comment

Morrell by UD

Comment

Originally posted by tokon View Post
            Nothing wrong with shields taking the steps to progress Morrell but, in the meantime, if he isn't ready for the top guys, Morrell needs to shut his mouth.
            Morell is more than ready for the top guys. He may be defeated but it doesn't mean he is not ready...

Comment

Typical Shields.............

Anyone in the media asked Ronnie why Jermall is no longer fighting?
              pesticid pesticid likes this.

Comment

I threw some cash on the underdog. I think morrell
                is very over rated. Not berlanga level, but I don’t see him as anything great.

Comment

Originally posted by tomhawq View Post
                  Typical Shields.............

Anyone in the media asked Ronnie why Jermall is no longer fighting?
                  Because he was having issues with his wife.

Morrell is honestly not a bad fighter, the call out of Benavidez and then the back track was kind of lame but he is technically skilled and is a good fighter. I just want to see him in with a live dog first and I think this guy might be the first one. So if he looks impressive and makes a statement that would be a good step in the right direction for a big fight next year.

Comment

David Morrell, vs Aidos Yerbossynuly, should be one hell of a scrap, between two undefeated highly qualified fighters.
                    I'm also elated that Benavidez, and Plant, will finally face off against one another, that fight should turn out to be a slugfest.
                    I've got Beavidez, and Morrell, winning their perspective fights, and then hoping that they square off against themselves.

Comment

Working...
                    X