Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya Pleads With Networks To Deliver Tank-Garcia: 'Showtime, DAZN, Please"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: De La Hoya Pleads With Networks To Deliver Tank-Garcia: 'Showtime, DAZN, Please"

Oscar De La Hoya says the only impediment remaining for a Gervonta Davis vs. Ryan Garcia lightweight super fight lies with the broadcasters. De La Hoya's company, Golden Boy Promotions, backs Garcia and has a content deal with the streaming platform DAZN.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I thought DLH was the CEO of goldenboy and Garcia's promoter?

Go make the fight with them. Is that all he is supposed to do go on twitter and beg them? looks like it wont happen and he wants to be able to say "well I tried to get Tank when I begged on twitter that I wanted the fight, that fell through so Ryan is fighting another bum"

trying to save face here for when Ryan fights another bum instead of Tank

Comment

This sport and its promotional division rarely gives you a reason to be optimistic....but I actually think Showtime and DAZN somehow get it done.

Comment

We know you want the fight Oscar. It's just stank wants a tougher fight in Abner mares llol
        jockpunk jockpunk likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by elfag View Post
          I thought DLH was the CEO of goldenboy and Garcia's promoter?

Go make the fight with them. Is that all he is supposed to do go on twitter and beg them? looks like it wont happen and he wants to be able to say "well I tried to get Tank when I begged on twitter that I wanted the fight, that fell through so Ryan is fighting another bum"

trying to save face here for when Ryan fights another bum instead of Tank
          Himself and Ryan are saying publicly,that they've agreed to all terms of the offer. What more is there for them to do? It be very easy for Mayweather/Ellerbe or whomever over there at PBC to come out and expose them had them agreeing on the offer been a lie would it not?! It's up to DAZN and Showtime now to work out the broadcasting issues as stated by Oscar. Pretty clear cut here, so this whole narrative of Ryan ever being afraid of Tank just got flushed down the toilet.

OscarDAZN **** the bed by not allowing Mungia to head over to Sho for that fight with Mall,i agree but both PBC/SHO and DAZN/GBP have invested heavily in Tank and Ryan. It has to be a 50/50 rights split or close too it so let's see who's willing to play ball here.

Comment

Originally posted by Homeless Guy View Post
            We know you want the fight Oscar. It's just stank wants a tougher fight in Abner mares llol
            The only fight Oscar has is the one which he's trying to decide should he bump the coke first and then grab the spatulas or vice versa.

Comment

It’s real simple, whoever is putting up the money should get the rights to air the fight. Risk vs return. It’s just not anymore complicated than that. Neither network/app is entitled to free money at the others expense. If it’s a matter of equal money then there needs to be a rematch clause as pbc/top rank did with FOX/ESPN for wilder-fury. If pbc put up more than they should get rights to stateside and dazn rights overseas.
              DLH has killed a fight like this before insisting dazn bee involved when they didn’t put up any money or have any interest in doing so for a joint promotion. I like Oscar, he’s the reason dazn has at least something to offer American fight fans but he is not helping this situation with this stance

Comment

The promoters have done their job,” De La Hoya told iD Boxing. “We’ve come to terms on everything. Now it’s up to the networks. “Showtime, DAZN, please, for the fans, make it happen.”

That's the best thing I've heard Oscar say in years!!! Showtime, DAZN, MAN UP!!!

Comment

Al Haymon will kill this fight too like Spence-Crawford, they are asking Ryan Garcia on to fight on DAZN exclusively while DAZN is ready to do joint PPV promotion.

Comment

As Eddie Hearn just said, just show the fight, on Showtime, on Dazn, or on both channels, who cares, we'd just love to see it.

Now, Eddie has his fair share of critics, and one will get criticised if you talk a lot, as he does, but yes, he's right about the Tank-Ryan fight.

If it's a big fight, the viewer doesn't care if it's on Showtime, Dazn, ESPN or any other network.

Comment

Working...
                    X