Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Breadman: That's Just A Rumor, That Plant Can't Punch; You Can't Just Walk Up On Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Breadman: That's Just A Rumor, That Plant Can't Punch; You Can't Just Walk Up On Him

NEW YORK - Stephen Edwards was perhaps the least surprised person inside Barclays Center, other than Caleb Plant himself, when Plant's picturesque left hook knocked Anthony Dirrell unconscious Saturday night.
    [Click Here To Read More]

He just needs to Plant his feet more

Comment

Time to chill out on this ko power thing. Dirrell is 38 years old and way past his expiration date.

Plant can't punch, 56% ko ratio says everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Dakuwaqa View Post
        He just needs to Plant his feet more
        I see what you did there...

Comment

Demetrius Andrade says he’s moving up to 168, looking to fight big PBC names

​It’s October, folks, and we’ve had our first ‘Boo Boo’ sighting in a while as Demetrius Andrade was in attendance at the Wilder-Helenius card over the weekend. Speaking to Fight Hype, Andrade says he plans to make a move up to 168 pounds where he’s looking to take on some of the biggest names in the division. Andrade did omit the name Canelo Alvarez as he seems to be aware that’s not going to happen, and is instead looking towards some PBC fighters.

“We want next!” Andrade screamed into the camera following Plant’s stoppage. “168, we’re stepping up...(Plant) had his game plan, strategy — it took a long time but he finally found that spot, Dirrell wasn’t looking for it to come, and he caught him clean. I thought it was gonna go 12, for sure.

“I would definitely like that (Plant fight). I want to get in the ring, get a little rust off, and then in early 2023 be in there with Plant, for sure.”

Then when Andrade was asked about the perception that he ducked a fight with Janibek Alimkhanuly, Andrade replied:

“I’m moving up to 168, looking to fight them guys up there: Charlo, Caleb Plant, David Benavidez — somebody that’s doing something at the elite level like myself. And that’s what we’re looking forward to becoming to, three division world champion...everybody up there is a great fight and Andrade vs any of the last names is gonna be good. So at the end of the day they’re all good, stand-up fights.”

https://www.badlefthook.com/2022/10/...xing-news-2022

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post

​It’s October, folks, and we’ve had our first ‘Boo Boo’ sighting in a while as Demetrius Andrade was in attendance at the Wilder-Helenius card over the weekend. Speaking to Fight Hype, Andrade says he plans to make a move up to 168 pounds where he’s looking to take on some of the biggest names in the division. Andrade did omit the name Canelo Alvarez as he seems to be aware that’s not going to happen, and is instead looking towards some PBC fighters.

“We want next!” Andrade screamed into the camera following Plant’s stoppage. “168, we’re stepping up...(Plant) had his game plan, strategy — it took a long time but he finally found that spot, Dirrell wasn’t looking for it to come, and he caught him clean. I thought it was gonna go 12, for sure.

“I would definitely like that (Plant fight). I want to get in the ring, get a little rust off, and then in early 2023 be in there with Plant, for sure.”

Then when Andrade was asked about the perception that he ducked a fight with Janibek Alimkhanuly, Andrade replied:

“I’m moving up to 168, looking to fight them guys up there: Charlo, Caleb Plant, David Benavidez — somebody that’s doing something at the elite level like myself. And that’s what we’re looking forward to becoming to, three division world champion...everybody up there is a great fight and Andrade vs any of the last names is gonna be good. So at the end of the day they’re all good, stand-up fights.”

Andrade says all those things that he wants to step up but doesn't put himself in a position to do so. Now he needs another tune up and let's be honest, he doesn't bring a title or money to the table. He is a high risk guy that would be tough to look against him.

He has wasted his career away trying to secure a payday instead making a case for himself as a guy to fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post

Stephen Edwards to Plant: “okay we have an Andrade fight on the table. Great opportunity. Pretty high risk, extremely low reward as he has no fan base, no excitement, and we have plenty of other options.”
              Last edited by Southpaw16; 10-19-2022, 09:34 AM.
              _Rexy_ _Rexy_ likes this.

Comment

sweethands and breadman are gona make a lot of dough together if they can keep this going, they dont want things to go stale
                robbyheartbaby robbyheartbaby likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpaw16 View Post

Stephen Edwards to Plant: “okay we have an Andrade fight on the table. Great opportunity. Pretty high risk, extremely low reward as he has no fan base, no excitement, and we have plenty of other options.”
                  Do you mean Sweet Cheeks and Short Bread? Canelo picked this dude over his DAZN mate for undisputed, so let us see which one of them is the best. If he can beat Andrade, then Canelo ducked 160 undisputed for the better fight at 168 on a different platform when sides of the street matter. Plant has been beaten so there is no undefeated record for Haymon to protect. If he is truly that dangerous then you don't want to put Charlo or Benavidez in with him and risk their undefeated records. Just make sure you don't offer Andrade 10% of his original purse and call him a duck after the scam. As Bob said, boxing fans are rocks you can kick around so they won't see they are getting played.
                  Last edited by hhh1200; 10-19-2022, 09:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpaw16 View Post

Does he? Looks like haymon will do whatever he can to keep feeding charlo and benevidez nobodies. Who else is there at 168? He isn't going to get a canelo rematch.

Comment

Working...
                    X