Comments Thread For: Katie Taylor Named The Most Marketable Boxer In The World

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M312 View Post

Have you clicked the link?

It explains how they came up with the order at the top.

​​​​​​
    No my bad...then they picked a **** name for it. Sorry

Comment

I don’t understand how she can be so marketable. She’s had multiple gift decisions and has a voice like nails on a chalkboard.
      Roj Roj likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Butt stuff View Post
        I don’t understand how she can be so marketable. She’s had multiple gift decisions and has a voice like nails on a chalkboard.
        Gift decisions dont matter, look at canelo...hell lots of hof fighters have had some gifts. But this list, if you click the link has much more criteria than marketability, which is totally fine. By the criteria they are going by it makes total sense shes at where she's at...good stuff!

A horribly misleading name of the list seems to be the issue for some of us

no way is she more "marketable" than the male boxers on the list, but did she have more of an impact on the sport in general this year...no question.

I'm so sorry I didnt click the link and could have limited all this nonsense to one reasonable post...my bad. That said it's a dumb name lol.

Cheers all

Comment

Replace "marketable" with "hype-able," and there's the headline. I don't interpret the use of marketable as "bankable." I interpret marketable as "an interesting story to tell" meaning, a PR company will get behind her and make an effort to sell her to the public. That won't necessarily mean the campaign will be successful. On top of that, proclaiming high marketability is in itself the beginning of campaign.

Every time the Olympics comes around, the media will get behind someone and try to make them the "face" of the Olympics. The person won't necessarily be the best athlete or even a gold medal winner, but those traits help in the promotion.

Comment

These marketing geniuses have probably never watched boxing in their lives.

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
              These marketing geniuses have probably never watched boxing in their lives.
              Marketers couldn't care less about boxing, their goal is to package and sell a product. Just like no one is actually buying Jordans to play basketball in. Gina Carraro and Rhonda Rousey were "marketed" far beyond their respective fighting abilities.

Comment

By far the most complete and skillful female boxer today. She has it all.

Comment

Working...
                X