Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shane Mosley: "I Wasn't Impressed By Mayweather"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nobody was except his stans. This fight won't happen tho.

Comment

Originally posted by bluetuazon View Post
      im sure may will ignore shane...thats the way it is...too much risk in fighting shane...
      floyd might call out CALDERON or DONAIRE next....lol!!
      and pacman might call out butterbean in a catchweight fight...lol

Comment

Marquez: 15Mill minus 5 Mill from IRS money= 10 Mill

Mosley: 8Mill minus 5 mill from IRS money= 3Mill

Hmm which one would i have chosen.

Let me guess, a lot of you would have fought Mosley right???

Lol/

Comment

http://www.nytimes.com/1999/05/13/sp...ts-it-all.html

Arum has made an offer to Mosley to fight Mayweather at a weight of 137 pounds. But the 27-year-old Mosley has outgrown the 135-pound division and has been struggling to make the weight. He was dehydrated against John Brown in his last fight in April in which Mosley stopped Brown. Even though he got down to 135 pounds at the weigh-in for the fight, he ballooned to 151 pounds by the time he entered the ring.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_ho...s/3950448.html

"I can't make these guys fight," said an exasperated Mayweather, who had hoped to face Wright in what would have been one of the year's most intriguing bouts instead of what will turn out to be nothing more than a glorified exhibition.

Former lightweight, welterweight and super welterweight champion Shane Mosley was offered a bout against Mayweather, but declined.
          Mosley said he wanted a couple of tuneups, but said he'd fight Mayweather next year.

Kostya Tszyu isn't sure he'll fight again. His conqueror, Ricky Hatton, turned Mayweather down before money was even discussed.

Oscar De La Hoya has mentioned Mayweather, but said he won't consider him until late 2006.

That's around the time when Top Rank promoter Bob Arum said he'd be willing to put young and promising Miguel Cotto in against Mayweather.

There were others, including undisputed welterweight champion Zab Judah, but they couldn't come close to contract terms.

And boxers know there are two ways to get out of a fight: simply by saying no, as Hatton did, or by asking for more money than promoters will be able to pay.

Comment

Originally posted by King Flawless View Post
            A jealous half-Mexican disgrace, this clown is. Name me a top American fighter Mosley has beaten? People forget this man is a drug cheat and is ducking Paul Williams
            And Floyd is ducking Cotto, Mosley and guess who? WILLIAMS

Comment

Originally posted by LilGizmo562 View Post
              And Floyd is ducking Cotto, Mosley and guess who? WILLIAMS
              How is he ducking Williams, Mosley, or Cotto. Please enlighten us.

Comment

Originally posted by fabzmm View Post
                How is he ducking Williams, Mosley, or Cotto. Please enlighten us.
                Simple by not fighting them...what kind of a question was that? o.o

Comment

Originally posted by LilGizmo562 View Post
                  Simple by not fighting them...what kind of a question was that? o.o
                  He's been retired for 2 years and Williams was a no one 3 years ago, Mosley has already been discussed, and Arum won't let Cotto near Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by fabzmm View Post
                    He's been retired for 2 years and Williams was a no one 3 years ago, Mosley has already been discussed, and Arum won't let Cotto near Mayweather.
                    His comeback fight, why didn't he try to make the fights with Williams (now that he is a "somebody") or Mosley that he is desperate? Hmmmm why did he not fight Berto for his belt back?

Comment

I wasn't impressed with Mosley vs Mayorga.

Comment

Working...
                      X