No announcement yet.

Shane Mosley: "I Wasn't Impressed By Mayweather"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shane needs to stop crying!!

He had his chance and he said that he had a toothache, and needed a vacation. He talks about fighting a smaller man instead of a WW, but he was willing to cut off one of his arms to fight Pac, but would not fight Paul Williams. Shane is looking for a payday. Maybe if he wouldn't have let his wife run his business affairs, he wouldn't need to chase these big money fights at 38!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom Flores View Post
      Because people know that finding a guy two weight divisions lower is nothing to brag about.

Now, if Floyd would have done that to an actual welter, not even a top 5 welter, but anyone at welter, seeing as it was a tuneup,

well,

he needs to start fighting guys in his own division.

Ray Leonard v Marvin Hagler, look it up.
      That is pretty much it...why be impressed with beating up a smaller dude? Hats off to JMM. Now I know PBF fans are going to be like "you are a hater..." but the reality is it's not cool picking on smaller guys. I would have felt the same way if DLH beat Pacman...it means nothing! It just shows that they were avoiding the real competition at their NATURAL weight class.

Comment

• the bottom line HATERS floyd will find away to win during any fight. he has a mouth on him but he has a brain that works.he will get hit,tested,or whatever but at the end of the day. its going to take a much bigger fighter to stop him but he's not dumb enough to fioght one.history is being made HATERS!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
          Floyd seen what Shane did to the Man he turned down 9 million to fight!!!
          He wants no part of that
          isnt that the ****in thruth!!!!!! goodone!!!

Comment

• sorry shane. you're just to jealous. modern day history is being made. hate him or love him mayweather is a great fighter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stewie Cruise View Post
              Boxers sometimes contradict themselves, Mosley is sure doing that a lot in this interview..Bless him
              I agree...but the boxing media has basically MADE ppl believe that Floyd is avoiding Shane and that he has BEEEEEN avoiding Shane. For years now!!! But if you do your research you know whats going with this situation.

Comment

• i don't care what nobody says...shane trumped all the speculative excuses for turning down a fight with floyd by calling him out on international tv...

Comment

• Originally posted by Al Haymon View Post
                  http://www.nytimes.com/1999/05/13/sp...ts-it-all.html

Arum has made an offer to Mosley to fight Mayweather at a weight of 137 pounds. But the 27-year-old Mosley has outgrown the 135-pound division and has been struggling to make the weight. He was dehydrated against John Brown in his last fight in April in which Mosley stopped Brown. Even though he got down to 135 pounds at the weigh-in for the fight, he ballooned to 151 pounds by the time he entered the ring.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_ho...s/3950448.html

"I can't make these guys fight," said an exasperated Mayweather, who had hoped to face Wright in what would have been one of the year's most intriguing bouts instead of what will turn out to be nothing more than a glorified exhibition.

Former lightweight, welterweight and super welterweight champion Shane Mosley was offered a bout against Mayweather, but declined.
                  Mosley said he wanted a couple of tuneups, but said he'd fight Mayweather next year.

Kostya Tszyu isn't sure he'll fight again. His conqueror, Ricky Hatton, turned Mayweather down before money was even discussed.

Oscar De La Hoya has mentioned Mayweather, but said he won't consider him until late 2006.

That's around the time when Top Rank promoter Bob Arum said he'd be willing to put young and promising Miguel Cotto in against Mayweather.

There were others, including undisputed welterweight champion Zab Judah, but they couldn't come close to contract terms.

And boxers know there are two ways to get out of a fight: simply by saying no, as Hatton did, or by asking for more money than promoters will be able to pay.

Notice in the video with Shane that Hop didn't say anything nor was Hop pushing for a Mayweather fight either.

Comment

• The bottom line is that Shane's a phag! he didnt want to fight mayweather a few years ago when FMJ was calling him out, he decided to "take a break" from boxing and look at his options. Now Floyds bringing in bigger money and SSM got hit balls in a knot!

Comment

• Defintitely! Now somebody understands me!

Comment

Working...
                      X