Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sebastian Fundora Outworks Carlos Ocampo To Win Wide Decision

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought Fundora showed me something in the Lubin fight and felt he was ready for Charlo. But in this fight against Ocampo, he showed me that he's not ready. He gets hit way too easily and he does not fight to his physical advantages. If you're 154 pounds and you have an 80 inch reach, then you should be jabbing like Lennox Lewis in there. His fights should be boring, not action packed. His style will get him clipped by the top level fighters. He may possibly get away with it at 154, but he will grow out of that weight division and will have to face 160 pound fighters. This style may not work for him at middleweight.

Comment

• Originally posted by LittleMacAttack View Post
      Not too impressed by this performance. He should have been able to get Ocampo out of there. Reiss was a clown out there. They should send his ass to the old folks home along with Jim Gray.
      Tried to tell NSB they were overrating Fundora.

He's decent, but defense is garbage.

Comment

• Originally posted by whollisboxing View Post

That sounds good in theory but Fundora doesn’t have the footwork to do that. He would struggle in the same way that Jarrett Hurd has struggled while trying to implement a style that’s not natural for him.

The best thing Fundora can do is add to what he already has
        It's true, the footwork as-is doesn't look to be anything special, but it's hard to say the extent to which it's his actual ceiling and how improvement could come with a shake up in trainer etc. I would have the said the same of Eubank for instance a few years ago, but his footwork has improved substantially under RJJ. At the very least I'd like to see him utilize that jab at range way more, even if he falls well well short of what a Haney is capable of.
        ​​​​​​
        Last edited by Sweet Scions; 10-09-2022, 07:48 PM.

Comment

• I've seen Fundora perform a lot better than this. This was not one of his better performances. I thought he did just enough to win. Ocampo was game though and made it a very competitive and hotly contested bout. In any case, congratulations to Sebastian Fundora on his victory and also great effort by both guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sweet Scions View Post

It's true, the footwork as-is doesn't look to be anything special, but it's hard to say the extent to which it's his actual ceiling and how improvement could come with a shake up in trainer etc. I would have the said the same of Eubank for instance a few years ago, but his footwork has improved substantially under RJJ. At the very least I'd like to see him utilize that jab at range way more, even if he falls well well short of what a Haney is capable of.
            ​​​​​​
            That’s fair and yes, every fighter should look to add dimensions to their overall skill set

Comment

Working...
            X