Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lucas Browne Bashes BBBofC After Proposed Daniel Dubois Clash Rejected

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mismatch , Lucus would be a sitting duck , he's far too slow with few skills and been badly KO'd before..If he insists on fighting it should be at a lower level not a KO artist at the 02 main event . The board have again stood up for the right decision for our sport. Only yesterday you had Whyte's brother openly stating that Benn who failed a drugs test for performance enhancing drugs should be allowed to fight torrorrow he reasoning being a hard camp and money and the board rightly refused .A stand must be made for the sake of our whole sport .Well done BBBOC.
    Wesker115 Wesker115 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Body the jab View Post
      I wonder if he could sue them for age discrimination, especially if there's nothing in their rule book or no past precedent.

And I would expect him (Browne) to easily lose to Dubois, but that's not the point because I've seen Frazer Clarke go in with some very poor opponents that could've been seriously injured.
      You are the only one to make sense its age discrimination. Yes Dubois blows him out in 3 rounds but his eligible as Calzaghe fought Hopkins in his 40s and George Foreman was world champ in his 40s, if theres a medical reason fair enough but age thats wrong. His in the top 10 and has a professional licence, Browne should sue them for loss of earnings and denying him a title shot, the courts will rule in his favour.

This wrong in my humble opinion.

Comment

Oh yeah, can we please stop pretending that DDD has a real world title. Browne wouldn't be getting a "title shot" at all.
        thack thack likes this.

Comment

Charles Martins can step in for Big Daddy.

Comment

If you're good enough, you're not too young or old. I really despise, actually can't stand the British Boxing Board.

And, whatever your opinions on the Conor Benn saga, they handled it badly. Suffice to say, I would love to have seen that fight go ahead, seeing as they go by Ukad.

But anyway, I don't know if Benn used something knowingly, if it's a masking agent, or what's going on. I lean towards Benn not cheating.

Comment

Originally posted by MusoMeanderings View Post
              You tell'em, Big Daddy!

Dubois shook!

He don't want that Lucas smoke!!
              Yeah, big daddy’s got these MFs quaking like Krakatoa and the actual Quakers rolled into one

Comment

Originally posted by Tonyu View Post

You are the only one to make sense its age discrimination. Yes Dubois blows him out in 3 rounds but his eligible as Calzaghe fought Hopkins in his 40s and George Foreman was world champ in his 40s, if theres a medical reason fair enough but age thats wrong. His in the top 10 and has a professional licence, Browne should sue them for loss of earnings and denying him a title shot, the courts will rule in his favour.

This wrong in my humble opinion.
                Amen, good spot. If he’s got the cash and the time, might have a landmark CAS case. Consider how many licences have been denied on reasons external to the neurological.
                Last edited by P to the J; 10-07-2022, 06:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by thack View Post
                  Mismatch , Lucus would be a sitting duck , he's far too slow with few skills and been badly KO'd before..If he insists on fighting it should be at a lower level not a KO artist at the 02 main event . The board have again stood up for the right decision for our sport. Only yesterday you had Whyte's brother openly stating that Benn who failed a drugs test for performance enhancing drugs should be allowed to fight torrorrow he reasoning being a hard camp and money and the board rightly refused .A stand must be made for the sake of our whole sport .Well done BBBOC.
                  Prob right about all this, but if boxing boards stepped in every time they deemed someone to have little chance of winning then what kind of precedent would that set?

You could make the case that a hell of a lot of even recent matches wouldn’t have happened. But more pertinently, it would obviously deny the opportunity for upsets, which are not uncommon, because you obv. have to get in the ring to prove you’re better.

Why should Browne lose the opportunity at a payday and an upset that many others have had, even if he is trash?
                  Last edited by P to the J; 10-07-2022, 06:58 AM.

Comment

Why not just make Hunter v Dubois now and give Hughie Fury first shot at the winner in the new year.

Comment

Browne gives him a harder fight that Hunter FFS

Comment

Working...
                      X