Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: Fury-Charr is a Chronic Mismatch, Why Doesn't Fury Fight Joe Joyce?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boro View Post

We know the rankings are corrupt that's why the likes of Povetkin and Pulev and so on "deserve" #1 rankings by beating the Rydell bookers and David Prices of the world and Joshua get's credit for it by his fans, let's keep it real here there is clearly a bias here toward Joshua...

let's look at Joshua properly - since winning the belt his average opponents age have been "35" and that's skewed because Parker was 26... Wlad - 41, Pulev - 39, Povetkin - 39, Molina - 36, Takam - 36, Usyk - 35, Brezeale - 31, Ruiz - 30 and lastly Parker 26, as you can see it skews more towards the 35+.

Then who he beat for said belts - Martin won his belt because Glazkov blowing out his knee and retired immediately after, Parker arguably shouldn't of beat Ruiz and Wlad was for a vacant title and he hadn't won in 2 years and was inactive for 17 months... Parker was the only champion who was reigning and defended his belt when Joshua fought him...

The idea that Joshua has some gleaming resume is quite frankly laughable, the truth is the era is weak and sadly the history books on this era will say - Fury has beat two long reigning champions 9 years and 5 years respectively and then Ruiz beating a 3 year reigning champ and lastly AJ beating the almighty Parker who reigned for 15 months....
    If you want to keep the belts you’ve got to fight who the boxing organisations deem as their mandatory, otherwise you get stripped of the title. Why were all the young up comers (at that time) not in the mandatory positions? It’s because their promoters are putting them in baby step fights to build their profile and experience. The young guns at the time should have taken riskier fights to earn that position for the mandatory slots and had ultimately not proved their potential yet. I agree Joshua could have been in riskier fights but he would have been stripped of the titles, unfortunately that is boxing, where best don’t always fight the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragga1 View Post

If you want to keep the belts you’ve got to fight who the boxing organisations deem as their mandatory, otherwise you get stripped of the title. Why were all the young up comers (at that time) not in the mandatory positions? It’s because their promoters are putting them in baby step fights to build their profile and experience. The young guns at the time should have taken riskier fights to earn that position for the mandatory slots and had ultimately not proved their potential yet. I agree Joshua could have been in riskier fights but he would have been stripped of the titles, unfortunately that is boxing, where best don’t always fight the best.
      I agree on one hand that fighters are being babied a lot more these days but on the flip side AJ had more than enough pull to discard the belts and fight whomever he wanted and it'd been that way for years, just like Fury and Wilder choosing to fight stiffs it's a deliberate choice by the fighters.

Let's be honest back in the day guys were 20 fights deep and champions in there early 20s now guys are in their 30s with 20 odd fights and getting their first shot at a title, it's a completely different era now for all the wrong reasons but of course with heavyweights it's often excused because they take longer to "mature/develop"...

Comment

Originally posted by Boro View Post

I agree on one hand that fighters are being babied a lot more these days but on the flip side AJ had more than enough pull to discard the belts and fight whomever he wanted and it'd been that way for years, just like Fury and Wilder choosing to fight stiffs it's a deliberate choice by the fighters.

Let's be honest back in the day guys were 20 fights deep and champions in there early 20s now guys are in their 30s with 20 odd fights and getting their first shot at a title, it's a completely different era now for all the wrong reasons but of course with heavyweights it's often excused because they take longer to "mature/develop"...
        I agree here mostly, but AJ has aimed to be undisputed and have all the belts, for which ultimately he wasn’t good enough to do, he tried to be a great and that’s to be commended in my opinion. Too many fighters (Wilder being an example you mentioned) have soft touch defences and don’t step up to a 50/50 often enough. Egos seem to get in the way of making the big fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragga1 View Post

I agree here mostly, but AJ has aimed to be undisputed and have all the belts, for which ultimately he wasn’t good enough to do, he tried to be a great and that’s to be commended in my opinion. Too many fighters (Wilder being an example you mentioned) have soft touch defences and don’t step up to a 50/50 often enough. Egos seem to get in the way of making the big fights.
          I'm not sure it's the fighters I honestly think they're being managed and promoted out of fights tbh. obviously the fighter could put their foot down put not many are in a position to do so.

Comment

Working...
          X