Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JMM's counter-punching useless against Floyd, but effective against Pacquiao. LOOK!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marquez's hand speed isn't the same at 142 as it is at 130. Floyd's slick defense and incredible reflexes also account for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Crunch View Post
      Marquez's hand speed isn't the same at 142 as it is at 130. Floyd's slick defense and incredible reflexes also account for it.

Yeah, Floyd makes everyone look slow. He's got the fastest hands and best reflexes in boxing!

Comment

Originally posted by MIP4P1 View Post
        Mayweather leaned back and then leaned forward in a fraction of a second, which took away JMM's jab and why JMM was hit with the straight right.

Mayweather did the same thing to N'dou several times throughout their fight. It's one of his signature defensive moves.

I agree though, his reach advantage took away any possibilty of JMM landing his jab. Expect Pacquiao to be dominated in the same fashion.
        I am well aware of what a pull counter is, which i what you are trying to describe. What you are failing to notice is that with a pull counter, you pull back just far enough so that you don't get hit, which would have been the case if Marquez was normal size, but since he was so small, the punch ended up 6 inches short.

To call it one of Floyd's signature defensive moves is quite frankly stupid. It is a basic boxing move that has a name and has been taught in gyms for years and years and years, if it is anyones signature move, it would be Muhammad Alis.

The difference between a reach advantage against Marquez and a reach advantage against Pacman, is that Pac negates it with his constant in and out footwork.

By Changing the range with his quick footwork, he effectively extends his reach by a good 5-6 inches, its the reason he has been able to move up in weight so effectively.
        Last edited by !! Shawn; 09-21-2009, 08:06 PM.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
            I am well aware of what a pull counter is, which i what you are trying to describe. What you are failing to notice is that with a pull counter, you pull back just far enough so that you don't get hit, which would have been the case if Marquez was normal size, but since he was so small, the punch ended up 6 inches short.

To call it one of Floyd's signature defensive moves is quite frankly stupid. It is a basic boxing move that has a name and has been taught in gyms for years and years and years, if it is anyones signature move, it would be Muhammad Alis.

The difference between a reach advantage against Marquez and a reach advantage against Pacman, is that Pac negates it with his constant in and out footwork.

By Changing the range with his quick footwork, he effectively extends his reach by a good 5-6 inches, its the reason he has been able to move up in weight so effectively.
            Calm down and lose the attitude!

I am aware of what it's called as well, and I never said Floyd invented it. I simply said it was one of his signature defensive moves which he uses.

Pacquiao negates no reach advantage. He's never fought anyone with the reach of Mayweather, so he has never negated it before. We don't really know at this point, but Marquez was able to land at will against Pacquiao, which he couldn't do against Mayweather.

Comment

Marquez was leading on that gif. he was not counter punching Mayweather while in the 2nd gif Pacquiao was throwing and Marquez counterpunched him

Comment

Ugly guy here

Comment

Originally posted by oc9979 View Post
                  Marquez was leading on that gif. he was not counter punching Mayweather while in the 2nd gif Pacquiao was throwing and Marquez counterpunched him
                  Look closer!

Mayweather threw a feint with his body. Marquez used his jab to try and catch him coming in, but Floyd fooled him into throwing a lazy "check jab", and countered over it with his right hand.

Mayweather set a trap for Marquez.
                  Mayweather "out-countered" the counter-puncher!

Pacquiao was not intelligent enough, and Marquez was the one setting traps.

Comment

that marquez counter on pac has to be one of the best ever the timing was damn perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by MIP4P1 View Post

As you can clearly see, Floyd's reach and cat-like reflexes neutralized the counter-punching ability of Marquez.

Pacquiao was not able to reach Marquez with his jab or his left, so he was easily countered and punished.

Mayweather will be able to counter Pacquiao even more effectively since he's a superior counter-puncher, and due to his superior reflexes and reach advantage he will never be within the range of any of Pacquiao's punches.

Marquez out-landed Pacquiao in both fights, but was only able to land 12% of his punches against Mayweather.

For some reason, KADYO gave me red karma for the above post of mine.

I think I made his blood boil with my analysis.

Comment

Working...
                      X