No announcement yet.

Shakur Didn't Impress—Ate A Lot Of Shots, Scorecards Didn't Tell The Story

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roadblock View Post

You might be right its a tall order to be Mayweather, but Shakur has loads of talent and his career hasn't really started yet, his next 5 fights will tell the story, I feel the same with Haney etc, they all on the cusp of that next level but all unproven until they start to fight the best guys, I don't think there has ever been a fighter that didn't look beatable in some of the early fights, who do you see beating him at the moment?
    Well, it's hard to say because of the age old problem of fighters past their prime fighting younger guys, who they would have beat if they were the same age. Plus, Shakur's body man. He's going to look like retired James Toney if he doesn't get a handle on his eating habits.

Anyhow, Loma is the name that jumps out, but I need to see what he looks like in this Ortiz fight. Loma from a couple years ago? I think he would beat Stevenson, no problem. But this very big Stevenson vs an older Loma? Very difficult fight.

I think the Haney fight is much more intriguing now. I used to think that Shakur beats Haney, but now I don't think so anymore. Haney's work ethic is next level from what I hear. Haney's not going to miss weight. Probably ever. That would never happen to him. And he is improving as a fighter still. That would be a difficult fight for Shakur.

You know, I'm going to have to think about this. There are some fights coming up that can help me see the landscape better, such as Shuichiro Yoshino vs Masayoshi Nakatani on the first of November. I want to see how Shuichiro Yoshino does in that fight.

There's Hironori Mishiro. Someone to keep an eye on. Too green right now.

We don't have much to go on here, but we'd need to have someone who is a boxer-puncher, in my opinion. I also think Isaac Cruz could make an entertaining fight with Shakur, but I don't think he beats him. I'm not sure. He was very good against Tank who's more dangerous than Shakur. It would be interesting to see how that fight plays out, how much respect Cruz would have for Shakur.

In my opinion, when a boxer has the ability to turn the lights out in a second, like Tank and Garcia, it's a game changer. Guys fight differently. Because Shakur doesn't have lights out power, guys are going to be much more aggressive with him in the higher weights.

Anyway, I'll have to think about this ... but in the mean time, let's see how Loma looks against Ortiz and Haney with Kambosos.

Comment

Talented Boxer, but i can't say i am ever excited for his next fight, not exactly boring all the time but he really isn't exciting to watch.

i didn't go out of my way to watch him last night and won't do in the future,my wife picked a film out and i watched that with her to get points with her lol.

Comment

This was supposed to be a moment to gain fans..doubt it happened.

Comment

Originally posted by WholeSoul75 View Post
          This was supposed to be a moment to gain fans..doubt it happened.
          The fight made things interesting. I know many saw that fight and are seeing a beatable Shakur.

Comment

Working...
          X