No announcement yet.

Shakur Didn't Impress—Ate A Lot Of Shots, Scorecards Didn't Tell The Story

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shakur Didn't Impress—Ate A Lot Of Shots, Scorecards Didn't Tell The Story

Shakur won this fight by two rounds and that' including the point deduction for the foul. He has to thank God that Robson doesn't have KO power or even any power. He also clearly weighed more than Robson. He had no muscle definition really. Could barely see his abs.

For all the hype this guy has been getting, I didn't see it in the ring tonight. And if you look at my posts, I expected it as much. I said Robson would make Shakur look less than special, even ordinary, and that's what we saw tonight. In fact, Shakur had to constantly foul, constant low blows and body slams.

Get ready for the Big Disappointment, just like Adrienne Broner.

Very awkward opponent, his feet were weird look how often they got caught up trying to be the lead foot, he would often do a double step trying to land from way outside, Shakur was never under pressure the guy was just awkward and also he was no bum.

Comment

Why da fu#k was this on a Friday? And here I was thinking this would take place tomorrow. I didn’t even tune in!

Comment

Scorecards were accurate but that was the most I've seen Stevenson hit.

Comment

Originally posted by Roadblock View Post
          Very awkward opponent, his feet were weird look how often they got caught up trying to be the lead foot, he would often do a double step trying to land from way outside, Shakur was never under pressure the guy was just awkward and also he was no bum.
          I never said that he was a bum, and he's definitely awkward. I'm not trying to take anything away from Robson by implying that. And he is awkward. But Robson hardly ever turned his fist over. Many shots were cuffing. Maybe the judges didn't count those punches because of that, I don't know. What I do know is that had Robson been more of a pro boxer than an amateur boxer, and his punches weren't so easy to walk through, we would have seen a different outcome tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
            Scorecards were accurate but that was the most I've seen Stevenson hit.
            All I can say is that if Robson had some pop on his shots, we would have heard Andre Ward in hysterics tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Cypocryphy View Post

All I can say is that if Robson had some pop on his shots, we would have heard Andre Ward in hysterics tonight.
              I doubt it. Last time Stevenson fought someone who's power he felt he shut them down and rarely engaged.

Comment

Dont forget shakur had a big weight advantage that played a part too.
                Cypocryphy Cypocryphy likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post

I doubt it. Last time Stevenson fought someone who's power he felt he shut them down and rarely engaged.
                  Oh, you mean when he brought out his 10 speed and ran around the ring? When Bradley told him that he put him to sleep? Gotcha

Comment

Originally posted by -TAKEOVER- View Post
                    Dont forget shakur had a big weight advantage that played a part too.
                    Yeah. I have no doubt that Shakur had a least a 15 pound weight advantage on Robson. I would give anything to know what his fighting weight was. He was walking through Robson shots as if they were love taps.

Comment

Working...
                    X