Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Oscar Valdez Says Stevenson's Defense is on Another Level, Will Beat Conceicao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Oscar Valdez Says Stevenson's Defense is on Another Level, Will Beat Conceicao

Former two-division champion Oscar Valdez was in Las Vegas last weekend to catch the Canelo Alvarez-Gennadiy Golovkin trilogy bout. Canelo got off to a strong start and closed the books on the rivalry with a decisive unanimous decision victory at the T-Mobile Arena.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Oscar Valdez know's from first hand experience what he's talking about, when he says that Shakur Stevenson's defense is on another level.
    No matter how hard he tried to corner, catch, and hit Stevenson with some debilitating blows, he just kept on coming up just short of doing so.
    Stevenson was so fast, and instinctive that it almost looked like he knew what Valdez was going to do even before Valdez knew what he was going to do.
    Stevenson doesn't pack much of a punch, but he more than makes up for that deficiency with his speed, IQ, boxing skill's, and sturdy chin.
    If your more enamored with punching power, just look at how he's beating all of these punchers with ease, wouldn't you rather be Stevenson than his opponent in the fight/ring.
    He's going to be moving up to the 135 division where he'll have to prove himself, but as he continues to grow, and mature, he just might gain some power along the way.
    As it is I'm looking forward to seeing how he does going forward with his career, he could turn down the noise some, so as to not turn away prospective fans.
    That said the whole Top Rank event is full of really good fighters, who are even more importantly matched in very competitive fights, I'm ready to watch his card.

Comment

I would have thought Stevenson would have easily had the best defense in boxing but percent wise hes number 2 to Bivol who obviously also has elite defense.

Comment

He stiff armed him to death.

Comment

Shakur got the best footwork in boxing currently.

Comment

I don't want to bang on to grim death about this, but it should be pointed out that Conceicao has trained like hell to get down to 130 only to be told, 'Shakur ain't doing that weight'. I know I sound like I'm 'hating' on Shakur but this whole situation isn't right. It isn't about Conceicao v Stevenson, it it about all boxing. If you don't make weight you just should lose & be ejected & the promoter can see if they can find a substitute. Now Conceicao is going is against a much bigger, probably much stronger man. I would ask any poster how they'd feel if they were him? I'm old enough to think, if my boys were professional fighters how would I feel? And my answer would be, angry, disgusted & afraid for my boy.

Comment

There was a time when Valdez knew how to attack any defense. Now his lack of offense makes any defense look good. BTW- the Valdez that WAS would have taken it to the lazy style of Stevenson. Glad you are impressed Valdez. Hope it makes you feel better.

Comment

Working...
              X