Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn on Canelo: Bivol is The Target, Obviously He'll Want To Avenge That Defeat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
    I can see Bivol beating him even worse in the rematch. Canelo has lost a step and is slowing down. He is no longer the same fighter he was several years ago, His body is now showing signs of decline
    That's exactly the way I see it, the wear, and tear are becoming more evident as he tries to compete with the top fighters with mixed result's.
    He's not just walking down fighters anymore, now he's being walked back himself to a certain degree in in his most recent fights, 17 years in the business will have that effect on your mind, body, and soul.

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectJab View Post
      I'm going to quote myself from another post:

Canelo will never beat Bivol if not for a lucky punch that somehow this time will have an impact him.
      If he really said what I read,

He's seriously delusional and I am saying this as a fan.
      Bivol is faster, has a high output and he didn't even leave first gear the whole fight when Canelo was looking like McGregor vs Mayweather round 10.
      And on top of that, Bivol and his team analyzed Canelo to a TEE and they attacked him on all his weak points, from his stance, his balance, to him taking breaks between punching.
      Those are the fact's, Bivol put on a master class of boxing on the night he fought Canelo, who in turn just complete looked confused at times during their fight.
      Canelo was outfoxed, outfought, and outpointed.
      Last edited by Boricua181; 09-20-2022, 05:09 AM.

Comment

Don’t rule out the possibility of Bivol moving down to 168 to challenge for the undisputed title because he wants to do that as well. We have to see, but November 5th in Abu Dhabi is a very important date for the diary in the division.” - Eddie Hearn

If Bivol came down to 168, and took all the belts from Canelo, I would have to think he would become P4P #2 behind Usyk! That is IF Crawford loses to Spence!

Comment

Originally posted by Boricua181 View Post

Hearn should just stop talking all that bull****, he's like the carnival barker, hawker, gypsy, always trying to talk the fans out of as much money as he can get.
          Some of the time if not most of the time the show isn't worth the price of admission, he's down right dishonest when it come's to selling some of his event's.
          Carnival barker and hawker are synonymous with promoter. Talking fans into parting with their money is his job.

Comment

Eddie Hearn made the worst match-up in British history with his own fighter.

He dragged Kell Brook up 2 weight divisions to fight GGG at 160 in his prime with 2 weeks notice.

There is something mentally wrong with this guy. He talks good but he's absolutely crazy.

Comment

he talked Canelo into a Bivol fight too lol. Easy fight he thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Monty Fisto View Post

Carnival barker and hawker are synonymous with promoter. Talking fans into parting with their money is his job.
                Those are all fact's, but just like all those mentioned he lie's, cheat's, and some of his events aren't worth the price of admission.
                If you like the way that Eddie Hearn does business that's your prerogative, but most of us on this platform don't.
                I understood it when Dereck Chisora embarrassed him after his latest hard fought win, during the post fight ring interview.
                He was making a public complaint about what Eddie was paying him, that he didn't have many more fights left in him, and he wanted to eat caviar, he was tired of eating fish, and chip's.
                Chisora has spilled his blood, sweat, and tear's in the ring, if anyone deserves to eat caviar it is he who has fought in many of Hearns' boxing event's.
                Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

Bivol does hold the upper hand this time around, because to the victor goes the spoil's, and Canelo want's to try to get revenge it's going to cost him at the bargaining table.
                  Bivol can just decide on not taking the rematch if he doesn't get the lion's share of the purse, although I don't think that he'll really do that, because there's still to much money to make in fighting Canelo to turn the rematch down.
                  Besides that he's already beat him once fairly easy, and his confidence has to be sky high that he can do it again, even easier the second time around.
                  Lol maybe in fantasy land but not in reality. Bivol will never have more negotiating power then Canelo. Did the spoils go to Ruiz when he beat Joshua.......no. Bivol CAN decide to not take the rematch, but any logical person knows that he won't.

Comment

Hearn should just stop talking all that bull****, he's like the carnival barker, hawker, gypsy, always trying to talk the fans out of as much money as he can get.
                    Some of the time if not most of the time the show isn't worth the price of admission, he's down right dishonest when it come's to selling some of his event's.
                    Yup. As a "top" promoter he makes a lot of questionable match up and says some of the weirdest things.

Comment

Originally posted by El Más Loco View Post

Lol maybe in fantasy land but not in reality. Bivol will never have more negotiating power then Canelo. Did the spoils go to Ruiz when he beat Joshua.......no. Bivol CAN decide to not take the rematch, but any logical person knows that he won't.
                      Bivol want's that fight badly no matter what he say's, even if he doesn't get parity, or the lion's share.
                      It's the biggest payday that he can secure right now, in winning the second fight he'll prove that the first one wasn't a fluke.
                      Not only that the second time around he should be able to beat Canelo even easier than he did in their first fight.
                      The writing is on the wall Canelo has slowed down in his last couple of fights, the wear and tear is evident.
                      As far as Ruiz is concerned he lost his focus, his head was spinning from all the invitation's, parties, free food, etc.
                      His team wasn't used to bargaining when it came to such high stake's, so I'm sure that Hearn dangled a few more million, and he bit.
                      He could've made a lot more money, and more importantly retained the title had he concentrated on what was important.
                      Hearn did do him any favors, he was getting all the feed back that Ruiz was partying, getting heavier, and not training like he should of.
                      The embarrassment, and shame of coming in obese then losing in title in his very first defense, coupled with all of the ridicule that followed has taken something out of Ruiz.
                      Last edited by Boricua181; 09-21-2022, 08:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X