Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leonard Ellerbe: "We're not interested in Mosley, he doesn't draw any kind of crowd"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
    That was all Margarito ans. The sad truth is, boxing is about money and SSM doesn't bring any of that. While I want to see the best vs the best as anyone else, I'd do the same if I were in Mayweather's position.
    A lot of them were Mosley fans as well. All of Mosleys fights have sold well man. The only one was the Mayorga fight, and that was because Mayorga was a tune up.

Comment

Originally posted by Cotto-Rulez View Post
      U dont realize that they don't want no part of Mosley, they're afraid of him.
      can you just explain somethin to me

2 years ago mosley in a interviw with merchant gets asked would he fight mayweather in november ...starts talkin bs about how 5months isnt enough time then starts saying he has toothache

now floyd is the 1 afraid

Comment

I am impressed.....Impressed that Ellerbe can take Floyd's **** out of his mouth long enough to give us his meaningless bull**** opinion.

Comment

I would love to see Mayweather vs Mosley. someone with speed and reach like Mosley could give Mayweather a very interesting fight...at least as interesting as Judah-Mayweather.

Floyd Sr is a jackass.

apparently, Mosley calling out Jr was a pretty big searched hit on google. maybe people really would be interested in this fight.

Comment

It ironic that Ellerbee would say that Mosley doesn't draw a crowd, when the MGM Grand was in fact not sold out on Saturday night, and free tickets were being handed out to hotel guests.

There were still plenty of seats available up until fight night on Ticketmaster, and I even called RazorGator and they were liquidating seats at dirt cheap prices.

If Marquez is Pee Pee Mouth, then everyone on Team Mayweather must bee Ka Ka Mouth cause everything that comes out of any of their mouths is BULL ****.

Comment

Originally posted by SuckaPunch View Post
              The irony is that Mosley may have irreparably damaged any possibility of a Mayweather fight. Though Mayweather took the high road in declaring his respect for Mosley as a fighter, several members of Mayweather's team were livid at the boorish behavior.

Mayweather Promotions CEO Leonard Ellerbe blasted Mosley and said they weren't interested in a fight with Mosley because "he doesn't draw any kind of crowd."

Floyd Mayweather Sr., De La Hoya's former trainer who has a long history with Golden Boy, called Mosley a "punk" and said, "[he] isn't worth my son's time."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ey.mayweather/
              Um....yeah...so the BIG question becomes.....if the winner of cotto-pac doesnt fight Mayweather.....who else is there for Mayweather to fight????

He may as well go back to retirement now if he's just gonna pull the same bull**** over and over. If Pacquiao wins...there's several options for him at 140 including a 3rd Marquez fight, and 147 as well. If Cotto wins there's Clottey and Mosley rematches.

Who does Floyd fight if he doesnt want Mosley???

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
                Wasn't Mosley involved in the biggest fight Staples Center has ever seen?
                Yes! Most paying top dollar to see Margarito!

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
                  That was all Margarito fans. The sad truth is, boxing is about money and SSM doesn't bring any of that. While I want to see the best vs the best as anyone else, I'd do the same if I were in Mayweather's position.
                  And the MGM grand on saturday were all Marquez fans. What's your point???

Comment

Terrible article. Mosley's respect and class hadn't gotten him any fights, it was obvious that he needed to do this.

I remember Floyd Sr. saying a while ago that Shane Mosley was a "real fight". I guess he has changed his mind now.

Comment

Did Hatton make money in the US before Mayweather? Floyd said he was called out.

Marquez wasn't a big PPV star either, yet called him out. So Floyd came out and fought him.

He didn't fight Cotto because he's not a big name. Well he has a whole country behind him just like Marquez did.

Boxing is about money and I gurantee you that Mosley VS Floyd will do better numbers than Marquez. Mosely has the backing of GBP... He's beaten a lot of good fighters. He's a name and a top fighter and that fight will draw in a lot of casual fans, and more than Marquez for sure.

It's comments like this that make me wish Mayweather fought some top guys. He's so talented and I often wonder if he did fight all the ebst, even with loses, would he be top 5 ATG?

Comment

Working...
                      X