Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leonard Ellerbe: "We're not interested in Mosley, he doesn't draw any kind of crowd"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tom Flores View Post

"We'll fight down the line"

He retired instead.

What a coward.
    Yeah, seriously. Putting on a clinic against Tony is easier said than done.

Comment

• I think Floyd would've beat Margarito too, but what if he hurt his hand like Clottey did? Mosley does Floyd's heavy lifting, and yet Floyd's fans persecute Mosley for chasing the big money fights now.

Comment

• can someone please answer my question, if he wont fight an arum fighter who else is their with a bigger name than shane? i dont even know if pac or cotto against mayweather would be as big as mosley mayweather to tell u the truth.
        the fight with shane will happen it has to.

Comment

• Originally posted by street bully View Post
          A lot of them were Mosley fans as well. All of Mosleys fights have sold well man. The only one was the Mayorga fight, and that was because Mayorga was a tune up.
          you are so off its not even funny

of the 21k fans there that night that vast vast majority were to see Margarito or the actual match up

and I like how you sugar coat the Mayorga fight but you also fail to mention that it was in Mosley's backyard AND had an agressive price point

also Mosleys fight with Collazo drew poor (around 2500 people according to people who went)

Shane isn't a draw when he is the A side of a fight. He never has been and never will be

Comment

• Originally posted by rambov View Post
            Bul**** just keeps comin.

If Shane wants to be #1 why isn't he going after Pac. why does he esperately want to fight Floyd?
            Mosley went to pac and told him he'd fight at 140 but pac still chose cotto. Freddie roach is a smart trainer.

Comment

• Originally posted by MJ406 View Post
              the Mayweather/Marquez fight didn't even sell out .. so who is anyone from Team Mayweather to say Mosley cannot sell.

and then take on the Pacquiao-Cotto winner
              Delahoya-Pacquiao did not sell out. This fight sold more than Margarito-Cotto. What's your point?

In business, you strike while the iron is hot. Take the big money fight off the table first. The Pac fight will never be hotter than it is right now. (assuming MP wins)

Comment

• Originally posted by street bully View Post
                A lot of them were Mosley fans as well. All of Mosleys fights have sold well man. The only one was the Mayorga fight, and that was because Mayorga was a tune up.
                Bully,

You know that gate doesn't pay the bills. PPV buys pays the bills.

Mayorga was a tune-up? For what?

Comment

• Originally posted by larry x View Post
                  main **** that..shane came up in the ring in floyds face and called him out..THIS FIGHT HAS TO HAPPEN..floyd if you dont fight him you will lose alot of respect..i can understand if you fight pacman first and let shane fight berto fight..then you and shane can fight and there will be 3 belts on the line..wbo,wbc,wba...now thats a maga fight for the fall of 2010
                  I'd reverse the situations here and have Floyd fight Mosley now
                  (he isn't getting any younger), and than the winner of Pac/Cotto in 2010. Floyd earns more money and respect this way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Al Haymon View Post
                    Delahoya-Pacquiao did not sell out. This fight sold more than Margarito-Cotto. What's your point?

In business, you strike while the iron is hot. Take the big money fight off the table first. The Pac fight will never be hotter than it is right now. (assuming MP wins)
                    This is the reaction of a floyd stan and not a boxing fan. Let me remind you.....you aren't getting any of that money.

Make the best fights and please the fans first. The money will be there regardless.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
                      If Mayweather was confident in his drawing power like someone like De La Hoya he would care what kind of crowd or money he brings.

Truth is hes not THAT big of a draw.

That is the problem as I see it. Floyd isn't confident in his own ability to sell a fight and he doesn't want to either flat our lose or lose credibility before cashing in on another monster payday.

Comment

Working...
                      X