Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody think that Cotto would've quit against Floyd if he was in JMM's position

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think dude is basing his arguement on how Cotto mentally broke against Marg. If Floyd was landing on Cotto like he was landing on JMM Cotto would've taken a worst beating than he did against Marg.

The question is will Floyd vs Cotto be anywhere near similar to the JMM fight ?

Comment

Originally posted by Iceta View Post
      I think that Cotto would definitely give Floyd a better fight than JMM did. I'm not that biased. I'm just saying that since JMM's stamina is better than Cotto's that that is the reason why he didn't get knocked out or stopped. I think Cotto would get stopped even though he may win two or three rounds off of Floyd.
      Mayweather didnt stoped a small LW at WW, but he will stop a bigger man who happends to be a natural WW and will keep him more on the defensive than JMM did.

YOu are just talking out of your ass!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

no but i think he would have made mayweather quit with his body shots.

Comment

I am slightly favoring Cotto to beat Pacquiao. And if Cotto doesn't call Floyd out, then I don't want to hear anymore about how Floyd is ducking him. That's all that needs to be said. Mosley has called the dude out to his face and Cotto needs to tell Arum to step aside if he tries to block the fight from happening like he always has. I think Floyd is a bully that takes the path of least resistance, but I can't accuse him of ducking a guy who is quiet as a mouse when it comes to calling the dude out. The only guys that I can accuse him of ducking at 147 are Williams, Mosley, and Margarito. Those guys have said they want to fight Mayweather. Cotto has not.

Comment

I am slightly favoring Cotto to beat Pacquiao. And if Cotto doesn't call Floyd out, then I don't want to hear anymore about how Floyd is ducking him. That's all that needs to be said. Mosley has called the dude out to his face and Cotto needs to tell Arum to step aside if he tries to block the fight from happening like he always has. I think Floyd is a bully that takes the path of least resistance, but I can't accuse him of ducking a guy who is quiet as a mouse when it comes to calling the dude out. The only guys that I can accuse him of ducking at 147 are Williams, Mosley, and Margarito. Those guys have said they want to fight Mayweather. Cotto has not.
            1 First Margarito punked Mayweather and Mosley too, did he fought those guys?
            no. So why it will be a ny different with Cotto? And besides Cotto never calls out anybody, Mayweather knows he needs to fight the winner of Cotto vs Pacquiao is not rocket science. Nobody needs to call Mayweather, he needs what he needs to do.

2.Since when mayweather is a bully?LMAO

3.Cotto after the Gomez fight said, if you Mayweather wants it im here and Im ready for him. thats more than enough. You dont need to make a fool out of yourself to get a fight if the other guy is interested. Floyd has had like 150 excues on why not to fight Cotto, what will be the excuse when Cotto KOs Pacquaio?

Comment

I sure as hell do. Out of all the top Welters like Mosley, Williams, Margarito, and Clottey Cotto comes in last place when it comes to threats. I'm saying this as someone who doesn't even like Mayweather. If I liked him, I'd want him to fight Cotto because it would be a bank account padder.
              Everything that doesn't have to do with Cotto leads to Cotto. Why would Cotto quit? Mayweather wasn't hitting him with KO shots or anything

Comment

stop it with this "you gotta call out floyd" ****... the only way floyd will fight someone is if he knows he has a majority of the advantages.

Comment

Margarito, Clottey, and Mosley all landed over 220 punches (95% of them power punches) against Cotto.

I see Mayweather landing at a 60-70% clip. It'd be a real beatdown.

Comment

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
                    Margarito, Clottey, and Mosley all landed over 220 punches (95% of them power punches) against Cotto.

I see Mayweather landing at a 60-70% clip. It'd be a real beatdown.
                    And all of them hit harder than Floyd and he manage to beat 2 of them!!!!!!!!

Comment

See this is what I don't get.

According to some people, unless you call someone out on national television, than you don't want to fight them.

Not everyone are ****ing loud mouth punks. As if calling someone out to Merchant or Kellerman is like a binding contract. It literally means NOTHING. What matters is what the promoters do behind the scenes.

This is why Floyd is a child...he thinks that way when it's convienient. When people are calling him out all the time, Marquez does it and he goes "oh I'll whoop that ass easy" and so that's the call out he acknowledges.

Cotto has called Floyd out many times. Just cause you didn't see it on HBO doesn't mean it didn't happen.

And, if he doesn't call Floyd out after the Pac fight, that doesn't mean he doesn't want to fight him. You people put too much ****ing stock into "calling someone out". It means nothing.

Comment

Working...
                      X