why do some people think GGG will be better at 168 all of a sudden

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post

I agree Canelo has slowed down but I still see him having more than GGG
    Way more how? Canelo hasn't thrown over 500 punches in a fight since the rematch, while Golovkin just threw 629 in almost 9 full rounds. Golovkin's output will most likely dip at 168 but even then, he'll still most likely throw more than Canelo, which has always been the case. What troubles Golovkin at this stage is a high output and Saul, from what we've seen the past several years, doesn't have that at the higher weights. He's also become more stationary since moving up and relies more on his high guard as he's coming forward so he shouldn't be as hard to find as previously. Also helps that Golovkin will only be out of the ring for just over 5 months, while Murata it was 16, so there shouldn't be ring rust. Canelo has shown plenty of defensive liabilities lately (still can't defend the jab) and Golovkin can still take advantage of those.
    Oracle01 Oracle01 likes this.

Comment

I think 168lbs could have been good for GGG, but not facing Canelo in his first fight at this weight. He could have overcome some of his slowness better against people at 168lbs, and if he moved up earlier he might have been able to grow into the weight better than what he will now fighting at the 168lbs full limit for the first time.

Comment

Because he wont struggle to cut weight. Hes be career 160 since 18 yes old more or less.

Comment

Originally posted by MoneyKasha View Post
          then 160.....at 40 years old?
          According to you guy's, he's still undefeated

If he didn't turn down fights over 2 years ago with Canelo, he wouldn't be finally fighting him again at 40. It's his own fault

Comment

Working...
          X