why do some people think GGG will be better at 168 all of a sudden

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why do some people think GGG will be better at 168 all of a sudden

then 160.....at 40 years old?

His fanboys are just praying for a miracle.

Comment

its not MY opinion, but I could see how some might think that him continuing to make 160 was taking too much out of him making him less active in his past few fights. His punch output is definitely down I think, but whether its because of weight drain fatigue, or just age, well that up for debate......
      Grandma Pleaser Grandma Pleaser likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by MoneyKasha View Post
        then 160.....at 40 years old?
        A better question is why are they ignoring he’s 40? The answer is basically the same. They aren’t very realistic.

Comment

GGG is done
          Whether it be at 160 or 168 , the man is finished
          No difference
          Whoever thinks otherwise is purely living nostalgically

Comment

Most boxers use training camps as glorified fat camps. They polish their skills,but work off the extra weight that they put on in between fights. Many have to dehydrate themselves just to make weight. Golovkin as far as I can remember has been walking into the ring between 170-173 for years. By fighting at 168,his training camp can be more focused on boxing,stamina,and speed,rather than losing weight. Ggg threw 629 punches in 9 rounds vs murata while having to cut down to 160. I can see him have an even higher output at 168. I find that interesting considering that canelo now likes to throw 1-2 punches at a time,and take 15-20 seconds off.
            MaksBox MaksBox likes this.

Comment

older fighters are better off not cutting the weight anymore.

This is why Bernard Hopkins lost to Jermain Taylor end of his middleweight run, moved up and beat Tarver, Wright and Pavlik(who knocked out Taylor). Not cutting weight ended up being great for him.

This is also why RJJ got KOed at 38 coming down in weight.

Pacman fought the end of his career not cutting much weight and had lots of success beating young lions like Bradley and Thurman.

Cutting weight is especially hard on an older fighter.
              Paperball86 Paperball86 likes this.

Comment

It s going to be interesting to see how he does. I think the fight will be close because of styles. GGG is strong and has the jab. Canelo is the harder puncher to the body. He has the faster hands and better defense. He also is hard to hit him flush with two straight shots.Canelo should be the favorite but it will be interesting to see how he bounces back from that loss to Bivol. Will he come out and try to steam roll GGG. Canelo has been going up and down in weight for a while. Will it catch up with him, or is he starting to slow down a little too. ??? Cant wait to see it.

Comment

All iam saying is there are questions about both. Sometimes styles just make fights too. I just feel like these tow guys are always going to fight close unless there is a knockout which i think will be hard especially for GGG to KO Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by Fangedgrowl View Post
                    All iam saying is there are questions about both. Sometimes styles just make fights too. I just feel like these tow guys are always going to fight close unless there is a knockout which i think will be hard especially for GGG to KO Canelo.

Canelo was hurt in the 2nd fight. 10th round.

Comment

Working...
                    X