Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder: We Done Put In 407 Rounds, Wanted To Try Something Different

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hopefully wilders power is still there, coming back from loss is never easy, wilder joshua or usyk are great fights if it is
    Corelone Corelone likes this.

Comment

Just imagine if we saw a slick skilled Wilder in against Helenius lol

Wilder with boxing skills could've been the greatest HW of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
        Somebody said, in Africa you wake up running. If you're not running to keep from being eaten, you're running to catch something to eat. Before guns and cars, people were on the menu, running is a survival tactic. The great Achilles was known as the battlefield runner. If Wilder had moved, instead of letting Fury walk him down, he might have avoided that dented skull. They say he can't box. Me, I say, in the vernacular, he ain't got no legs.
        Whatever you've heard about Achilles, it was a myth.
        Quercusalba Quercusalba likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by wrecksracer View Post
          he still wants a body on his record, right? What's all this brotherhood stuff?
          Maybe the beat down and near death experience humbled the BS,he's no longer the scary guy so he's taking the brotherhood angle, more BS.

That said, I have a bigger problem is with the gaggle of douche-bags and their constantly changing excuses for why Wilder took that beating. The PBC henchmen were nauseating from the BBshop to Dantae pinning it on Mark Breland and Blue blood, with his deluded metal glove theory coming straight from his official journalist approved Hyundai sonata while driving through Micky D's for a large coke and fries. Over night the bias hacks went from tough-guys to the intolerable whinny conspiracy twats left twerking for attention.

Comment

Originally posted by VashDBasher View Post

Seriously. I could only imagine how much more dangerous his punches would be if he developed some powerful legs.
            I remember putting that in a post during the 3rd fight . He should've bulked them legs up instead of his upper body

Comment

Originally posted by Amir Imam View Post
              He needs a real trainer
              I hear U, but as long as he’s been fighting and his basics not even fundamentally sound at his age it would be hard to unlearn all his bad habits.

Comment

A dangerous fight for D. WIlder. The spirit is willing always, the body can re-generate and get into good shape, skills and strategy can be improved. But head shots and trauma to the brain take a VERY long time to heal. I'm a Wilder fan always, and I sure hope he is able to take a shot to the head. Perhaps (hopefully) he has and fared well during sparring. I wouldn't advise fighting this soon though.

This scenario just adds more derama and intriue to the fight. I don' t believe Helenius would sign on to take a dive ... his career is higher and more promising now than it's ever been. He will be trying to continue a legacy in progress. Wilder will have to bring it or take a defeat. I think he knows that. I think he wants to test the waters, and if he can't do it anymore, doesn't mind Helenius benefitting at his expense. We will all learn a lot as to Wilder's immediate active boxing future from this fight.

I wish you well champ!

Comment

Working...
                X