Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jose Zepeda-Regis Prograis WBC Title Fight Heads To August 30 Purse Bid Hearing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jose Zepeda-Regis Prograis WBC Title Fight Heads To August 30 Purse Bid Hearing

Jose Zepeda and Regis Prograis are prepared to collide for the vacant WBC junior welterweight title. Their handlers, however, weren't as prepared to close a deal for the ordered fight. BoxingScene.com has confirmed that the WBC has scheduled a purse bid to determine promotional rights for the aforementioned title fight. The Mexico City-based sanctioning body will conduct a session on Tuesday, which is open to all WBC-registered promoters.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Teo wants the winner. Lopez, has never held a real 'WBC' title, the 'Franchise' don't count.
    Rodtang Rodtang likes this.

Comment

This is an interesting 50/50 fight. Prograis will most likely be the betting favorite, but I'm predicting an upset win for Zepeda.
      Last edited by TheOneAboveAll; 08-29-2022, 04:27 PM.
      Corelone Corelone SteveM SteveM like this.

Comment

Who promotes zepeda? Cause I remember seeing Kathy duva in the ring after his last fight. Isnt prograis bumass with probellum? Aren't they under investigation or something? This might be interesting

Comment

Prograis is/was a very good fighter, his career seemed to have stalled since the Taylor fight, I’d pick him as a favourite in this but Zepeda can punch and comes to put opponents to sleep. It’s a really good match up, hopefully it going to purse won’t cause any issues.

Comment

This is going to be one hell of a fight between two boxer, punchers with sturdy chins, I can't wait to see it.

Comment

I sure hope they come to an agreement soon! That would be another great fight to put on the Pick Em board this year. Those of you not involved in the NSB Pick Em fights, I highly recommend you do so. Get started this year, even though it’s later in the year, you can know the rules and start fresh next year! It does offer cash prizes FYI.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post

Teo wants the winner. Lopez, has never held a real 'WBC' title, the 'Franchise' don't count.
                Would the belt have been legit if he got it through email like Haney? I mean I guess if I was fighting for a belt I'd rather get it through email with no risk then facing a 3 division 2x Olympic gold medalist. Either way Mauricio says otherwise.

Originally posted by Grandma Pleaser View Post
                Who promotes zepeda? Cause I remember seeing Kathy duva in the ring after his last fight. Isnt prograis bumass with probellum? Aren't they under investigation or something? This might be interesting
                Zepeda is promoted by Zanfer. How is Prograis a bum though?

Comment

Originally posted by NC Uppercut View Post
                  I sure hope they come to an agreement soon! That would be another great fight to put on the Pick Em board this year. Those of you not involved in the NSB Pick Em fights, I highly recommend you do so. Get started this year, even though it’s later in the year, you can know the rules and start fresh next year! It does offer cash prizes FYI.
                  First time I got involved this year - it's been challenging and fun, wish I'd gotten involved earlier

Comment

Originally posted by Kannabis Kid View Post
                    Would the belt have been legit if he got it through email like Haney? I mean I guess if I was fighting for a belt I'd rather get it through email with no risk then facing a 3 division 2x Olympic gold medalist. Either way Mauricio says otherwise.

Zepeda is promoted by Zanfer. How is Prograis a bum though?

I came to my conclusion without any bias, as I am a fan of both Lopez and Haney. Vasily Lomachenko and Bob Arum tried to isolate and cancel Devin Haney, and vacated the WBC lightweight title. Mauricio is no supreme authority, the other sanctioning bodies have an equal say in the matter, but this is not the thread for that discussion.

Comment

Working...
                    X