Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Luis Ortiz: Andy Ruiz Clash Will Get Me Closer To a World Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ortiz will win...by KO!

Comment

Ortiz looked like crap vs Martin. If Martins hadnt gotten his arm caught in the rope when Ortiz stopped him (rendering him defenseless), I believe Martin would have beaten him, he got unlucky.
      Last edited by mawoodhouse; 08-29-2022, 09:53 PM.

Comment

this fight makes me remember the times around 2015, when Al Haymon founded PBC, and people were thanking him for bringing back "free boxing"

Comment

Originally posted by mawoodhouse View Post
          Ortiz looked like crap vs Martin. If Martin hand gotten his arm caught in the rope when Ortiz stopped him (rendering him defenseless), I believe Martin would have beaten him, he got unlucky.
          I'm not really willing to rewatch it, but I thought Ortiz blasted Martin before he got his arm caught in the ropes. Martin had that thousand mile stare lol. I thought getting his arm caught in the ropes prevented him from being counted out. Hmmm, I might need to rewatch it. It was like boxing comedy.
          mawoodhouse mawoodhouse likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Roberto Vasquez View Post
            I got Ruiz to win this altho Ortiz has all that experience going back to the Jurassic period
            His first amateur win was recorded on a stone tablet
            Roberto Vasquez Roberto Vasquez likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by mawoodhouse View Post
              Ortiz looked like crap vs Martin. If Martin hand gotten his arm caught in the rope when Ortiz stopped him (rendering him defenseless), I believe Martin would have beaten him, he got unlucky.
              Sounds like an old-school trick, he should have pointed at his shoe and gave him the Tyson uppercuts

Comment

Ruiz will win this easy. Ortiz was hyped to give Wilders resume some credibility prior to his Fury fights. He ain’t that good. Ruiz on the other hand has been mostly derided, especially when he beat AJ he was used as an example of how bad AJ is. You see where this going right. This is one of those fights that to the real boxing fan tells you a lot about what is real and what has been BS PR over the last 5 years
                Last edited by sportbuddha; 08-29-2022, 04:57 PM.

Comment

So Ortiz/Ruiz & Wilder/Helenius are WBC semi final eliminators. Winners face off for mandatory shot. The final should be in early 2023 around the time undisputed happens. There will be vacant belts after Fury/Usyk as both could retire after they fight. Maybe Fury vs Joshua too but I doubt either would be interested in sanctioning fees. All 4 belts could be vacant by spring 2023…
                  JakeTheBoxer JakeTheBoxer likes this.

Comment

Unfortunately for Ortiz, 50 year olds don't fare too well in boxing so I look for Ruiz to dominate this one as long as he's under 280 pounds.

Comment

Shocking how Ortiz, who I have winning by stoppage is being written off.

Comment

Working...
                      X