Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder On Joshua's Performance Against Usyk: 'You Can Tell He Wasn't Himself'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very occasionally, you’ll hear an incisive analysis of big fights from people within boxing.

This isn’t one of those occasions, and actually, they’re becoming fewer and further between.

Have yet to hear any so-called expert methodically state how they would go about dismantling Usyk.

I suspect some high-level coaches know the answer, but everyone we’ve heard so far has had nothing interesting to say other than, you need to rush him.

In fact, the best insights have come from knowledgable people on this forum, which is troubling since posting here doesn’t pay like punditry or training.
    Last edited by P to the J; 08-25-2022, 10:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by wrecksracer View Post
      I guess AJ "wasn't himself" in the first fight with Usyk, either. Or the first fight with Ruiz.
      We’ll see if anyone fights their normal game with Usyk. It’s a world away from fighting Parker, Whyte, Takam Breazeale, Ortiz, Hammer, Schwartz, etc., etc.

Comment

How can Wilder say Joshua was giving everything when he has the best resume in the heavy weight division? When ever Wilder opens his mouth you just know it's garbage ️ he would spill out. Wilder refused to fight Klitschko and White but Joshua fought the both and beat them.
        Boxviewer Boxviewer likes this.

Comment

Very happy to see deontay continue. Always brings excitement. His story about his daughter will always resonate with me.
          champion4ever champion4ever likes this.

Comment

Here come the Joshua apologists ….the truth hurts…he has been coddled from day one when they gifted him the gold medal at the Olympics to Charles Martin to a 40year old klitschko to refs that warned fighters when they got to close to his chin to low balling Wilder so he wouldn’t take the fight to low balling Ortiz so he wouldn’t take the fight and it backfired when he hand picked Ruiz…now the d****s are open
            Last edited by rckdees; 08-25-2022, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post

I disagree. Deontay Wilder had at least 5 voluntary defenses of his World WBC heavyweight title and those opponents were all either avoided or undefeated like Luis Ortiz and Tyson Fury.

Now when comparing that to Anthony Joshua's championship reign; He had only one voluntary defense of his World heavyweight titles and all the rest were mandatories challengers.

Which means that Wilder took more risks outside of the ring than Anthony Joshua did. So your narrative about Wilder being bottle-fed is completely false.
              Joshua has 3 belts so more mandatories. Wilder fought Stiverne a 2nd time - nobody was asking for that fight. Nobody was asking for the 3rd Fury fight either but I'm glad that one happened at least. Joshua got his first belt against Martin easy enough - that was a gimme - but Parker was a live dog and Klitschko was really up for his fight with AJ - a different fighter to the timid plodder who showed up against Fury.

Comment

I saw a very good HW in the ring this Saturday. But he lost to an elite boxer.
                LA_2_Vegas LA_2_Vegas likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by BomaE View Post
                  How can Wilder say Joshua was giving everything when he has the best resume in the heavy weight division? When ever Wilder opens his mouth you just know it's garbage ️ he would spill out. Wilder refused to fight Klitschko and White but Joshua fought the both and beat them.
                  Joshua fought klitschko in his 40's after years out of the ring and almost lost don't forget. Speaking of garbage I've never heard anything like the ****e Joshua spouted after the fight. It was pathetic

Comment

Originally posted by rckdees View Post
                    Here come the Joshua apologists ….the truth hurts…he has been coddled from day one when they gifted him the gold medal at the Olympics to Charles Martin to a 40year old klitschko to refs that warned fighters when they got to close to his chin to low balling Wilder so he wouldn’t take the fight to low balling Ortiz so he wouldn’t take the fight and it backfired when he hand picked Ruiz…now the d****s are open
                    So Ruiz was handpicked was he? I guess bend the facts to fit your agenda.

Comment

all these guys are just salty with each other, this guy did this, this guy did that, this guy was protected etc, most boxers are protected in one way or another, they all avoid certain fights at certain times etc & boxing setup allows it to happen so they use that

Comment

Working...
                      X