Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: WBA Permits Leo Santa Cruz, Leigh Wood To Enter Separate Featherweight Title Fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: WBA Permits Leo Santa Cruz, Leigh Wood To Enter Separate Featherweight Title Fights

Leo Santa Cruz and Leigh Wood are set to fight this fall. Just not against each other. The two claimants to the WBA featherweight title were instead granted permission to enter separate fights, with each of their belts at stake. As announced by Matchroom Boxing, Wood will defend his secondary WBA featherweight title against streaking contender Mauricio 'Bronco' Lara on September 24 in his hometown of Nottingham, England.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 08-24-2022, 07:11 PM.

I can't keep track of this crap anymore
    1hourRun 1hourRun likes this.

Comment

Wba with their freaking double belts. I wish there was a reporter with the balls or no skin on the game to drill the WBA president on why there's 2 belts in the same division and who the real champion is.

Comment

The haymon check must of got to the wba.
        Castilo Castilo likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandma Pleaser View Post
          The haymon check must of got to the wba.
          Hearn has way more pull with the WBA than Haymon does.

Hearn confirmed by camps asked the WBA to allow this.

Comment

The WBA is a POS. With that being said, I do like both possible fights. Arriva Lara cabrones!
            Castilo Castilo patron patron like this.

Comment

I blame the promoters as much as the WBA. These trash promoters need these useless trinkets to market their fights.

Comment

Of course the WBA agreed to let separate fights take place...for a small fee! Lol!

Comment

Santa Cruz vs Lara coming up in 2023...

Comment

I wonder if this would've happened had the WBA set a more even split and not 75-25 in Santa Cruz' favour.

Although Santa Cruz should've been stripped of the belt ages ago; he went 2/3 years without defending it while he was campaigning at a higher weight class -- the WBA are a complete joke.
                    Last edited by Body the jab; 08-25-2022, 08:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X