Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Zhilei Aims To Move Forward With Career, Team Disgusted Over Scoring In Loss To Hrgovic

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Von Elias View Post
    He had Hrgovic hurt many times but when he gassed out it felt there were rounds where he didn't throw anything at all. With better engine he could have easy win but he just gave up too many rounds to Hrgovic for free. For me close win for either one or a draw is fine
    That's exactly how I saw it; Zhang's inactivity meant it could go either way.

A rematch would be an appropriate remedy. Doubt Hrgovic will want one though!

Thanks.
    REMOVE SHARK 5510 REMOVE SHARK 5510 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by KillaCamNZ View Post
      Zhilei seems like a genuinely likeable guy, I feel bad for him.

Still..hey China, how does corruption feel? Sucks doesn't it?
      Huh? I mean, all the global superpowers are almost comically corrupt, and Zhang’s just one bloke from China, not an entire country

Comment

Hrgovic edged it, Zhang didn't do enough in the second half.

I'd watch a rematch.
        paulf paulf likes this.

Comment

Hrgovic won, but I wanna see old Chinese in some fights, like Ortiz, Chisora, Wallin, Bakole, Helenius.

Comment

I was rooting for him but he didn't get robbed. Multiple rounds he threw virtually zero punches. He didn't come into the ring in shape and ready to go 12. Hrgovic found his second wind, Zhang didn't... end of story.
            Dr. Z Dr. Z denium denium like this.

Comment

No robbery. I liked Zhang and he's a good boxer but he's old and honestly he won't fare well against most of the current fringe heavyweight contenders (Joyce, Whyte and Parker). Not to mention he'd be knocked out within 5 against Joshua, Fury and Usyk.

Zhang lost this fight due to doing **** all in the second hf of the fight. He fought well but many rounds when he was either hurt or on the back foot he did absolutely nothing. At least Hrgovic was going for it when he had to. He knew he couldn't do nothing. Zhang should be disappointed because he certainly could have won and would have won if he didn't take his foot off the gas.

Comment

I gave it to Zhang. All I saw was the Croat unravelling pretty much most of the fight. Turned away a few times as well. Fun fight to watch.

I'm not clued up on his weight on fight night but he looks ideal for this Bridger-weight thing with a bit more conditioning.

Comment

Great fight but I had Hrigovic 7-5 … I wonder if that first round knockdown didn’t throw Hrigovic equilibrium off.

Either/or I don’t think Hrigovic will be champ. 30 years old. Too late.

Comment

Zhang reminds me of a very old George Foreman. He's got skils, power and a solid chin. Just slow and low energy compared to the elite HWs.

Comment

Originally posted by IAMTHAT View Post
                      Great fight but I had Hrigovic 7-5 … I wonder if that first round knockdown didn’t throw Hrigovic equilibrium off.

Either/or I don’t think Hrigovic will be champ. 30 years old. Too late.
                      Hrgovic is good; just not as good as advertised. He's got good skills and solid ring IQ, but he seems to have a questionable chin and stamina. Also, what's up with him losing focus and turning off in the middle of exchanges?

Comment

Working...
                      X