Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can all my fellow PRicans FINALLY admit that Floyd would EMBARRASS Cotto?!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tito yuca View Post
    That speaks badly of him. Being drawn into wars means that you got careless, are not good defensively, and are taking unecessary risks.

For those who don't speak spanish - in the last sentence of this dude's post he said that I'm lucky I'm not from his town and that I only speak like this on the Net. You see what I mean? They just keep doing it! Keep proving me right by showing that Cotto fans resort to insults instead of intelligent conversation. You're making yourself, Cotto fans, and all of us PRicans look extremely bad by doing this.
    If what they saying is true, about Cotto disrespecting you and your girlfriend, then you most likely are bias against Cotto. If not, it is your opinion. That PBF embarrasses Cotto, that is a little far fedged. Cotto is a great fighter, he beat Clottey and Mosley, two great fighters. Eventhough he did not look very good beating Clottey, he won fair and square. I think he won, but that is my opinion. It should be respected the same way yours should be. I could understand people getting upset about your comment. Styles make fight and every fighter brings a different game plan to the table. Nobody knows what will happen in the fight. Many things can change a fight, like a cut, low blows etc. That PBF embarrasses Cotto, I doubt it. That he wins, a big chance. That Cotto wins, also a big chance.

Comment

Dude, I specifically explained why Floyd capitalize on those things you mentioned:

As for Cotto's jab, it's not faster than Floyd's straight right. He'd counter Cotto all day with that one, and we all know Cotto leaves himself open.
      And thats a bunch of bul**** from you.

You just saying Cotto cant do anything because Floyd all of the sudden will counter any action Cotto does regardles what he does, wich is ridiculous!!!!!!

Cottos jab alone will be a factor in the fight!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Navyboxer1109 View Post
        Floyd is good, no doubt....but....lets's get a little more specific about what we saw last night.

First, floyd's style was not suited for a boxer like JMM, and Cotto is not JMM, and he's a much better boxer than you're giving him credit for. His power and defensive skills are a factor that makes quite a difference with talking about "power" that JMM lacked. Hatton got KTFO by Floyd, true, but he pressured Floyd much more effectively than JMM ever could. Floyd's speed was more than JMM could handle, true, but JMM's a boxer that relies more on counterpunching than forward movement, so it's obvious that with a guy like floyd, he didn't stand a chance, because Floyd capitalizes on your mistakes, by making his own, and if JMM would have cut the distance like Ricky did, maybe he would've stood a better chance of winning maybe one or two rounds...though not the fight.

Second, again, the fact that JMM was always, and still remains the small man, coming up from a lighter weight, has a lot to do with it too, and throw in the fact that Floyd was probably weighing about 155 to 159 pounds for ths fight, no doubt about it. Cotto is much, much larger and heavier than JMM and won't be intimidated by Floyd's power (which isn't much against a bigger man) and by Floyd's speed, because being just as big or bigger, Cotto will pressure him and mess up most of his timing.

I'm not saying that Cotto will win for sure, but for you to say that Floyd will embarrass him, is rediculous, because Floyd ducks bigger fighters and it's common knowledge..Margarito, Cotto, Mosely, etc. Hate on Cotto all you want, it's your prerogative, but be fair about his skills and don't make it look like he's less than a great fighter, because he is one.
        Nuff said
        great post and to sum it all up, floyd couldnt ko a lightweight who he out weighed by 10+pounds.

Comment

Also, don't take my use of the word "embarrass" too seriously, as if I mean that Cotto won't land 5 punches in the whole fight. I say embarrass as in dominate, or clearly beat. However, I believe that in this case, those two outcomes would mean an embarrassment, because Cotto will have MANY people who pick him to win.
          How is it possible to not take the word EMBARRASS too seriously...when its the only HIGHLIGHTED word in your thread post. lol. That's like saying I Love You, and then kicking me in the NUTS. lol, then saying don't take the kick in the NUTS seriously, when it's the part of me you just sent up into my throat? ROFLMAO.

Comment

Originally posted by Ch@mpBox@PR View Post
            And thats a bunch of bul**** from you.

You just saying Cotto cant do anything because Floyd all of the sudden will counter any action Cotto does regardles what he does, wich is ridiculous!!!!!!

Cottos jab alone will be a factor in the fight!!!!!!
            exactly oscar had some success vs floyd using his weak jab. cotto has a strong jab and would give floyd hell.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by gerardofpr View Post
                faster, stronger, younger, more reach, better body puncher, switch hitter,...
                Faster - I believe Marquez is a LITTLE faster, but not by a lot.
                Stronger - Yes, he is
                Younger - This only matters in relation to stamina, and Marquez has shown he is way above Cotto in that department
                More reach - They are actually equal, 67 inches
                Better body puncher - Also true
                Switch hitter - True as well

Those categories make them out to be equal, perhaps even give Cotto a small advantage. But let's look at other aspects of the fight game: Marquez has more stamina, is a better counterpuncher, and has a better ability to adapt. Those 3 categories are, in my opinion, MUCH more important in a boxing match than the ones you mentioned. Stamina is everything in boxing, and adaptability is a close second. You have to adjust to your opponent, and Cotto has shown more and more problems with this in his last fights.

Comment

Fine, do you want me to talk about what Cotto CAN do? Le't's go.

He's good at cutting off the ring and attacking the body. He has better-than-average boxing skills for a pressure fighter. His body punching can be extremely damaging to his opponents. He has a good jab which he uses to control distance.

Now, my main point is that Floyd would take away all those strenghts. How?

He has faster hands and feet than Cotto, so if Cotto tries to cut off the ring, he'd get out of the way quickly, and keep Cotto at bay with his one-and-done punching style. Cotto might have good boxing skills, but Floyd's are much better, and this I dont even have to explain. Despite what a good body puncher he is, Floyd covers up so well that he would either block or slip most of Cotto's body punches. As good as Cotto's jab is, Floyd's lead right is better, and it would land consistently over Cotto's jab, this helped out by the fact that Cotto leaves himself open way too much.
                  Thats where your mistaking, FLoyd doesnt take his oppenets strengths away, he uses them in his own favor.

I see Cotoo vs Floyd similar to Hatton vs FLoyd, but Cotto getting hit way less than hatton did and punishing FLoyd to the body a lot!!!!!

By the way yiu sound all smart and all when talking about your strategy but all what you saying is that, Floyd i something he aint.

All of the sudden Cotto he will do evrything better than Ccotto, wich he clrealy doesnt do!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Floyd Mayweather Jr. hasn't faced Mosley, Cotto, Marge etc. because they have a legitimate chance of beating him.

The fight against JMM was a calculated move by Floyd to look spectacular coming back against the much smaller, older, slower opponent. Floyd stopped facing opponents who could beat him (with the exception of Oscar) after the JLC fights.

To use the Hatton and JMM bouts as predictors if you will for supposed Mosley and Cotto matchups just doesn't cut it.

IMO Floyd is waiting for Mosley to get older before he'll face him and is hoping Pac gets by Cotto because he knows Pacquiao is the easier fight being that Pac isn't his physical equivalent.

Sucks because I think Floyd fighting Mosley a couple years back would have been great but for whatever reason it didn't happen. I'll give the Floyd fans that point however because it does seem like Mosley did not want to fight him when the opportunity was given to him.

No matter though, it would be a great fight regardless even considering the fact that Mosley is older and in my estimation has less of a chance now of beating him.

Having said that I still give a 38 year old Mosley a chance of beating Mayweather so I want to see Mayweather testing himself. I would love for Floyd to test himself against the best.

IMO Cotto presents the biggest risk at WW to Floyd because he's a bigger, stronger, faster, better all around version of JLC. I scored the first Mayweather-JLC fight for JLC.

Mosley present the second highest risk mainly due to his advanced age now but still presents a risk.

Last of the possible, realistic opponents is Pac. He's too small IMO but a great fight nonetheless that I would love to see.

Diatribe over. Just how I see things.

Comment

All last night's fight against JMM showed me with regards to Cotto is that Miguel would have destroyed JMM at any weight. JMM is one of my fav's because he is crafty, has the will to continue through adversity, and sticks to his gameplans. However, he does get hit very easily as his defense is average. He gets nailed and dropped by almost everyone he fights, be so far he has gotten back up and finished the fight, whether he wins or not.

Last night's fight proved that Cotto is in fact the better boxer, better counter puncher, and more intelligent. JMM never adpated to Floyd or changed tactics, all he did was chase Floyd and look to unleash combos hoping at least one punch would land. With Cotto, if he doesn't find success one way, he will adjust and come with a different look. If Cotto were to fight Floyd, his greatest asset will be his hard and fast jab which he throws off rhythm. By doing that he catches opponents in unexpected spots. If he does this with Floyd, he will have opportunites to follow up with quick hooks to the body. Easier said than done, but it is very likely that Cotto can get it done.

With all that said, Floyd was superb last night. His defense and speed was a beauty to watch! To hell with the weight excuse!

Comment

Working...
                      X