Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can all my fellow PRicans FINALLY admit that Floyd would EMBARRASS Cotto?!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Embarrass I don't know. He'd beat him though comfortably.

Comment

....... in his dvision -you forgot to finish your sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by tito yuca View Post
        All I'm asking is for you to be reasonable. Floyd just DOMINATED JMM, a guy who is a MUCH better boxer than Miguel Cotto. Everyone seems to say that Cotto has good boxing skills, but we all know they aren't close to Marquez' skills. Cotto would get picked apart in the exact same way, maybe even easier because he is not as cerebral as Marquez.

There's a reason why Arum didn't want to put Cotto with Floyd when they were both his fighters and when they were both JWWs. After Floyd breaks free from Arum, OF COURSE Arum will try to convince the public that Floyd is ducking Cotto; that's what promoters are supposed to do. Don't be so blind and easily-led, don't fall for the propaganda, and just be objective about what you see in the ring. Cotto has never been a good defensive fighter, he gets tagged in one fight the same amount of times Floyd does in 3 fights combined, and don't even come at me with that "Floyd doesn't take risks", because that's what a SMART fighter is supposed to do.

That jab Floyd popped against JMM will be there ALL night against Cotto, and if JMM couldn't counter over it, Cotto sure as hell won't. If Cotto tries to pressure him (which he should do, but I doubt he will because now he seems to prefer moving around the ring), Floyd would back up quickly and keep Cotto at bay with his jabs, straight rights, and left hooks. If Cotto tries to attack the body, he'd leave his face wide open and Floyd would counter him to death.

Again, there is just no way that Cotto could beat Floyd, and he would look foolish trying to do so. Are the Cotto ****riders ready to admit this?
        Had to stop right there man, I think you taking they time he blew you off for a n autograph way to serious, listen to yourself, Cotto has a bunch of advantages over Marquez.

Comment

Dude, didn't you read my first post?
          And yes and you didnt explain ****!!!!!

This is simple, what things have gave mayweathe problems in his toughest fights?
          1.Body Punching and pressure - Cotto can do both very well.
          2.Popping a cosistant jab.- Cotto does that also.
          3.Timming - We all know Cotto have great timming.

Does 3 things alone have gave Mayweather problems and Cotto does them very well!!!

To say he gets embarras by FLoyd is nonsense and ridiculous!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by gerardofpr View Post
            Had to stop right there man, I think you taking they time he blew you off for a n autograph way to serious, listen to yourself, Cotto has a bunch of advantages over Marquez.
            Know you guys believe me.

he dont believe teh **** he is typing, he is just butthurt beause Cotto was a ass to him and his girlfriend!!!!

Comment

All I'm asking is for you to be reasonable. Floyd just DOMINATED JMM, a guy who is a MUCH better boxer than Miguel Cotto. Everyone seems to say that Cotto has good boxing skills, but we all know they aren't close to Marquez' skills. Cotto would get picked apart in the exact same way, maybe even easier because he is not as cerebral as Marquez.

There's a reason why Arum didn't want to put Cotto with Floyd when they were both his fighters and when they were both JWWs. After Floyd breaks free from Arum, OF COURSE Arum will try to convince the public that Floyd is ducking Cotto; that's what promoters are supposed to do. Don't be so blind and easily-led, don't fall for the propaganda, and just be objective about what you see in the ring. Cotto has never been a good defensive fighter, he gets tagged in one fight the same amount of times Floyd does in 3 fights combined, and don't even come at me with that "Floyd doesn't take risks", because that's what a SMART fighter is supposed to do.

That jab Floyd popped against JMM will be there ALL night against Cotto, and if JMM couldn't counter over it, Cotto sure as hell won't. If Cotto tries to pressure him (which he should do, but I doubt he will because now he seems to prefer moving around the ring), Floyd would back up quickly and keep Cotto at bay with his jabs, straight rights, and left hooks. If Cotto tries to attack the body, he'd leave his face wide open and Floyd would counter him to death.

Again, there is just no way that Cotto could beat Floyd, and he would look foolish trying to do so. Are the Cotto ****riders ready to admit this?
              Mayweather would probably win but he wouldn't embarrass him. He won't be able to just smile when Cotto gets him in the corner and hits him in the body.

Comment

Originally posted by rob_tC View Post
                tito yuca, lol, you're an embarrassment to us ricans. maricon.

he wouldn't embarrass cotto. yes, he would embarass manny who's not a natural welter ... but cotto? a guy like cotto? who's fought with the best and has fought wars in the ring?

the least you could say is, i'd be a tough fight for cotto. cotto is still undefeated, since the loss to proven cheater margarito is still questionable. not to mention, cotto has fought the best in his weight class and has never ducked anybody. he's fought whoever is put in front of him, and has always come out victorious.

so callate la boca y mamate un bicho. suerte que no eres de ponce marica. solo en un foro te atreves a abrir la boca asi.. lol. what an embarrassment.
                That speaks badly of him. Being drawn into wars means that you got careless, are not good defensively, and are taking unecessary risks.

For those who don't speak spanish - in the last sentence of this dude's post he said that I'm lucky I'm not from his town and that I only speak like this on the Net. You see what I mean? They just keep doing it! Keep proving me right by showing that Cotto fans resort to insults instead of intelligent conversation. You're making yourself, Cotto fans, and all of us PRicans look extremely bad by doing this.

Comment

Floyd doesn't need power to keep Cotto from coming forward, speed and accuracy do that. He's being dissed by the haters for not having power to KO Marquez, yet he controlled him with speed and accuracy, same as he did Baldomir. Why won't he do that to Cotto? Winky didn't need power against Tito, all he had was the jab. You only need good reflexes and quick counterpunching to stop a fighter in his tracks.

Also, what makes you think Cotto will keep coming forward? He hasn't been doing that since the Mosley fight.
                  Floyd is good, no doubt....but....lets's get a little more specific about what we saw last night.

First, floyd's style was not suited for a boxer like JMM, and Cotto is not JMM, and he's a much better boxer than you're giving him credit for. His power and defensive skills are a factor that makes quite a difference with talking about "power" that JMM lacked. Hatton got KTFO by Floyd, true, but he pressured Floyd much more effectively than JMM ever could. Floyd's speed was more than JMM could handle, true, but JMM's a boxer that relies more on counterpunching than forward movement, so it's obvious that with a guy like floyd, he didn't stand a chance, because Floyd capitalizes on your mistakes, by making his own, and if JMM would have cut the distance like Ricky did, maybe he would've stood a better chance of winning maybe one or two rounds...though not the fight.

Second, again, the fact that JMM was always, and still remains the small man, coming up from a lighter weight, has a lot to do with it too, and throw in the fact that Floyd was probably weighing about 155 to 159 pounds for ths fight, no doubt about it. Cotto is much, much larger and heavier than JMM and won't be intimidated by Floyd's power (which isn't much against a bigger man) and by Floyd's speed, because being just as big or bigger, Cotto will pressure him and mess up most of his timing.

I'm not saying that Cotto will win for sure, but for you to say that Floyd will embarrass him, is rediculous, because Floyd ducks bigger fighters and it's common knowledge..Margarito, Cotto, Mosely, etc. Hate on Cotto all you want, it's your prerogative, but be fair about his skills and don't make it look like he's less than a great fighter, because he is one.
                  Nuff said

Comment

Cotto is far too stationary for Floyd. He doesn't react quick enough to punches. He won't be able to hit Floyd cleanly because he has to plant his feet to punch.

Cotto is a very good fighter, Floyd is one of the greatest of all time. There's just no comparison. I used to think Cotto could make it somewhat close, but if Clottey can land those lead left hooks and right hands like that then Floyd would easily all night.

Comment

Originally posted by gerardofpr View Post
                      Such as? Why am I the ONLY one taking strategy on this topic?

Comment

Working...
                      X