Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Frazer Clarke on Joshua's Rant: His Team Left Him Out To Dry, Someone Should Have Saved Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by denium View Post
    AJ should've stayed with Rob McCraken, it was foolish to switch trainer before the hardest fight of his career.
    this, and the change happened basically right before the camp started, i knew AJ wouldnt be that much different. he still was a bit out of it, he still has this deer in the headlights look in the ring and post fight his behavior was very bizarre, dude has mental problems.

Comment

Originally posted by solid_jab1987 View Post

Firmly 3rd. To people that assume that Wilder is 3rd best, who did he ever beat over his entire career that puts him anywhere near on a par with Joshua's wins?

That's not to say Wilder wouldn't win head to head, but that's not been proven in the ring yet. Wilder's career wins, Ortiz aside, have been mediocre at best.

people seen AJ's weak jaw and know its just one shot away from getting sparked out by wilder, that is why they rate him in the mix.
      Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

Loser and roid rage at its best. Not cool!

Comment

Originally posted by Dakuwaqa View Post

That’s not exactly how Garcia put it

He said there were a few days that he felt Garcia was being too critical and not acknowledging what he was doing right.

If a trainer is constantly bashing or critiquing his own fighter, atleast give him props when he does good. 0 positive reinforcement was probably never going to work with AJ
          Robert needed to give some ground here i think and he didnt

Comment

Originally posted by SugarRayCurtain View Post

If a trainer is constantly bashing or critiquing his own fighter, atleast give him props when he does good. 0 positive reinforcement was probably never going to work with AJ
            Robert needed to give some ground here i think and he didnt
            Absolutely you have to adapt to your fighters to an certain extent. Picking up on ‘what makes your fighter tick’ can get the best out of them.

A one size fits all approach isn’t always most effective

Comment

Originally posted by Butt stuff View Post

To be fair to the big d1ckhead, he gave a much better showing this time round. It seems like Garcia might be a much better fit for him, too bad it was too late on in his career. Plus Garcia unfortunately can’t give him a personality transplant.

Also like others have mentioned, Fury dropped Davison and improved instantly under Sugarhill. I think a lot of that is to do with Fury’s existing skill/IQ though. Kind of like how Mayweather could train himself and still be incredible, but needs external help to craft a game plan and in his corner.
              Joshua was with McCraken for his entire career amateur and pro, and like you say, he isn't a natural boxer like Fury/Floyd etc are, so suddenly changing environment and trying to do things differently against a quality boxer like Usyk was never going to work.

AJ should've concentrated on the things he does well and come up with a better gameplan, because although he did better this time, he still fought Usyk's fight.

Comment

Garbage take. Joshua is a grown man, he's responsible for his own actions.
                KING S.O.G KING S.O.G likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Dakuwaqa View Post

That’s not exactly how Garcia put it

He said there were a few days that he felt Garcia was being too critical and not acknowledging what he was doing right.

Basically the same thing, he seeks praise and people to pat him on the arse in times where it’s not necessary. If you employ a trainer, let them train you. If they are being critical, it’s because it’s part of their method to improve you.

Wasn’t that the whole point in getting a new trainer? An honest take and not the guy shouting “brilliant AJ” from the corner as he’s getting schooled

That’s AJ’s problem, he’s spent pretty much his entire pro career in that lottery funded sports institute in Sheffield, it’s not a real boxing gym, it doesn’t have that atmosphere of a real boxing place where you learn things the hard way through hard trainers, learn veteran moves and rough tactics in the ring. It’s all too nice. It made AJ softer and now he needs yes men around him, praising him in moments it’s not needed. He got so used to it that he excepts Robert Garcia to treat him like that too.

If you can read people well, you can read between the lines and in Garcia’s expression that he sussed out AJ is a bit soft compared to guys he usually trains. Do you think Maidana used to complain if Robert wasn’t giving him compliments all the time?

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post

Garcia said that AJ would basically complain in the gym if they don’t give him credit for things he’s doing well.

that tells me he’s obviously just a guy that needs smoke blowing up his arse constantly. So obviously that means he’s going to surround himself with people that do that and not going to step in and tell him he shouldn’t do something.

Also I guarantee Robert Garcia won’t train him again. Watch those Garcia interviews from fight week, you can see it in his eyes and read between the lines of his words that it wasn’t really working, their mentalities are just too far apart. Obviously he stayed professional and had a job to do.

AJ will either employ Fernandez as his head coach, or go back to McCracken in the comfort of the Sheffield sports institute where him and his hangers on walk around in flip flops like a holiday camp.
                    Buddy
                    How you mean "You can see it in his eyes and read....... it wasn't really working"
                    You can't speak or think for Robert Garcia
                    I watched those same interviews and Robert Garcia said with confidence that AJ would prevail against Usyk

Comment

Originally posted by greeneye99 View Post

Buddy
                      How you mean "You can see it in his eyes and read....... it wasn't really working"
                      You can't speak or think for Robert Garcia
                      I watched those same interviews and Robert Garcia said with confidence that AJ would prevail against Usyk
                      he didn’t seem confident to me. Words mean nothing. It’s the look on their face as they’re saying it and the conviction in their words.

of course he has to say that, he’s being paid a fortune. What’s he gonna say “yeah I think Usyk is gonna whoop my fighter” ? lol

The way he was talking sounded more like hope than belief

Garcia won’t train him again, I’m certain of that.

Comment

Working...
                      X