Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Zhang Zhilei On Hrgovic Fight: Everyone's Gonna Witness Chinese Power Again

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Zhang Zhilei On Hrgovic Fight: Everyone's Gonna Witness Chinese Power Again

Zhang Zhilei will get the chance Saturday night to prove what he had hoped to demonstrate May 7. If the gigantic Chinese heavyweight can upset highly touted Croatian contender Filip Hrgovic, he'll move into position to fight the winner of the main event, a 12-round rematch between Oleksandr Usyk and Anthony Joshua. Zhilei (24-0-1, 19 KOs)
    [Click Here To Read More]

Lets hope zhang wins. I like upsets

Comment

IF he was in his early 30s maybe, but not at nearly 40.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
          Zhang is big in China, and will be drawing an estimated 100 million fans there! Don't understate his political importance, he says he fights for China and they will use his popularity should he upset Hrgovic. I say he won't have a shot, and will be beaten to the punch repeatedly and be reduced to mostly a counter puncher until he's take out. His southpaw style might cause problems though.

For those waiting for an upset punch to Hrgovic he's been through lots to punchers in sparring and the amateurs and been hit flush without showing any sign of weakness, forget going down, that has never happened ever. He is the only prospect never to go down as amateur or pro. Chins are tested when they are hit, and Hrgovic has the best set of whiskers in the game.
          Last edited by Dr. Z; 08-20-2022, 09:38 AM.

Comment

Zhang is going to get knocked out.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Z View Post

Zhang is big in China, and will be drawing an estimated 100 million fans there! Don't understate his political importance, he says he fights for China and they will use his popularity should he upset Hrgovic. I say he won't have a shot, and will be beaten to the punch repeatedly and be reduced to mostly a counter puncher until he's take out. His southpaw style might cause problems though.

For those waiting for an upset punch to Hrgovic he's been through lots to punchers in sparring and the amateurs and been hit flush without showing any sign of weakness, forget going down, that has never happened ever. He is the only prospect never to go down as amateur or pro. Chins are tested when they are hit, and Hrgovic has the best set of whiskers in the game.
              If he is so big why was there not one bid to host this fight in Macau or anywhere in China? Maybe if he wins…

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post

If he is so big why was there not one bid to host this fight in Macau or anywhere in China? Maybe if he wins…
                How do you see this fight going? You’re one of the most knowledgeable guys on the HW division

Comment

Originally posted by Dakuwaqa View Post

How do you see this fight going? You’re one of the most knowledgeable guys on the HW division
                  Both unproven but both have solid amateur pedigrees. Too be honest i have a lot of questions about both. Hrgovic looks the part & i expect him to win. I’ve seen Zhang struggle with Forrest & get dropped by a low level trialhorse so I have Hrgovic about 90/10… Zhang has power & that is really all he brings from what i’ve seen. Yet to see either take that step above journeymen opponents.

Comment

screw this comie medical experiment.

I hoppe hrdovic retire him

Comment

Working...
                    X