Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Robert Garcia: Joshua Beating Usyk Would Be Best Win of My Career as Trainer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Poeticman7 View Post
    I really wish I had put money on Maidana to beat Broner.
    I saw through the hype train,
    but the hype train made me doubt myself.
    But I don't have that same level of faith in Joshua.
    I'll be rooting for him to do well though,
    even if he loses.
    ———
    I dislike Broner. He has no class at all and is just trashy as it gets. I was so glad Maidana beat him up. I wish he would have knocked him cold out of the ring.
    However, had Broner stayed at 135 he could have unified and perhaps gotten a belt or two at 140. He just tried to bite more than he could chew. He could have had a great career if he wasn’t chasing after Floyd’s glittering career.

Comment

People keep saying Garcia has not had enough time with Joshua. Joshua is not a normal fighter, when it comes to learning.

Joshua's most overlooked and probably his best ability, is his ability to learn. He started boxing late, and his achievements have been unprecedented.

His ability to learn and absorb information, enabled him to achieve those feats.

Garcia would of made a impact even in the few months or however long he has been with Joshua.

Comment

This guy has never trained a heavyweight and it’s going to show come fight night…Joshua is going to lose and probably by knockout before the 6 round

Comment

I want Joshua to win but it’s a big ask to outbox usyk. I believe that’s what AJ will try to do in this one.
          I see it as Joshua early by ko (low chance) or usyk late if he gets the momentum at which point, I think maybe his corner will pull him out be he gets knocked out. I’m not sure at this weight if usyk can throw heavyweight power punches, but with all that’s been going on for him recently, I think he will find it from somewhere to do what he’s gotta do. I like em both and may the best man win.

Comment

Originally posted by rckdees View Post
            This guy has never trained a heavyweight and it’s going to show come fight night…Joshua is going to lose and probably by knockout before the 6 round
            Ridiculous thing to say. He’s just training a bigger man, same job.
            Boxviewer Boxviewer likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by steeve steel View Post
              Garcia is a good trainer, but I don't think he's had enough time with aging fighter to make much of a difference. As soon as things start going wrong for AJ, he will go back to his old ways.
              You're speculating a bit too much, my friend. Just wait and see how the rematch is going to unfold. Besides, AJ has more than enough attributes to turn things around.
              Last edited by Boxviewer; 08-19-2022, 01:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Liondw View Post
                Robert is an excellent trainer.

I'm sure the training has been extensive and intense. Usyk and his team have also prepared thoroughly though, even with what's been going on in the Ukraine.
                I agree with that.
                This war excuse is being over used - sure there is a devastating war going on at the battle front but there are large areas of Ukraine in the west that are hardly affected - some missile strikes on major cities once a month or so, but in many towns and in the countryside there will be no damage, just the economy will be crap and probably every town suffering some dead and injured - but did Usyk and Loma spend time on the battlefields in the east? I don't know about that. If they had I don't think they'd be mentally right to box right now.

Comment

People really overlooking AJ in this fight may just be surprised come tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post
                    People keep saying Garcia has not had enough time with Joshua. Joshua is not a normal fighter, when it comes to learning.

Joshua's most overlooked and probably his best ability, is his ability to learn. He started boxing late, and his achievements have been unprecedented.

His ability to learn and absorb information, enabled him to achieve those feats.

Garcia would of made a impact even in the few months or however long he has been with Joshua.
                    Yeeeah. This ain't how boxing works. Damn some of you aunt been near a gym and it shows. You need a few fights to acclimatise to new styles unless you're a savant. Joshua just isn't. I do see him employing some new tactics successfully but the odds of him reverting to type are high.

Comment

Originally posted by KingGilgamesh View Post

Yeeeah. This ain't how boxing works. Damn some of you aunt been near a gym and it shows. You need a few fights to acclimatise to new styles unless you're a savant. Joshua just isn't. I do see him employing some new tactics successfully but the odds of him reverting to type are high.
                      Joshua is not normal mate, you don't know anybody like him, or have never trained with anyone with his ability.

He started boxing late, and has achieved unprecedented feats 'In such a short amount of time'.

His most overlooked ability, is his ability to learn. It must be, if he has come this far etc.

Nobody can really deny such a statement.

Comment

Working...
                      X