Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Adrien Broner Withdraws From Omar Figueroa Clash, Citing Mental Health; Rest Of Showtime Card To Move Forward

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by greeneye99 View Post

Wow
    It's A PBC Article about Adrian Broner
    But Oldskoolg can't help it
    He still finds the time to Post his usual Negative comments about Hearn and Dazn
    This guy
    Lololololol
    I swear, that guy must have gotten blown out of the water at his DAZN USA interview. Eddie and DAZN are his whole life. Well, them and white people in general.
    greeneye99 greeneye99 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by BodyBagz View Post

The probability of Broner getting stopped is low.
      If nothing else, he has a good chin or has enough ''skill'' to avoid big shots.

He can't retire because he put himself behind the 8 ball with all them kids and baby mommas and legal issues.....
      By stopped, I meant quit on his stool, not getting knocked out. Broner does have a good chin, but he's lazy, and prefer easy fights. He realized this fight was more than he could handle. Figueroa actually has a work rate style that would have worn Broner out. He's smart enough to not allow himself to be forced into a fight that would have embarrassed him. At this stage in his career, he can't afford many more clear losses.

He may as well retire. At this point, he's only interested in easy pay days and handpicked opponents. But the boxing public will not invest to see garbage matchups.

Comment

Originally posted by Lefty0616 View Post

By stopped, I meant quit on his stool, not getting knocked out. Broner does have a good chin, but he's lazy, and prefer easy fights. He realized this fight was more than he could handle. Figueroa actually has a work rate style that would have worn Broner out. He's smart enough to not allow himself to be forced into a fight that would have embarrassed him. At this stage in his career, he can't afford many more clear losses.

He may as well retire. At this point, he's only interested in easy pay days and handpicked opponents. But the boxing public will not invest to see garbage matchups.
        Broner is done and he knows it.
        All he has left is his ego driven notoriety.
        Ego is good for making lemons into lemonade.
        He most likely would have lost but he knows there are levels to losing.
        His ego won't let him quit during a fight and he won't put himself in harms way.

His ''mental'' issue was his way of quitting.
        A risky move considering he's on very thin ice.
        His lifestyle needs and many fights as possible and this act may have done him in.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyD729 View Post
          Ahhhh mental health. The new “go-to” when things aren’t going your way. Victimhood or faux victimhood is like currency in current society
          Never been a fan of Broner. I used to also think ignorantly as yourself when it comes to mental health until it happened to my youngest daughter and an ongoing battle for two years of hell. Then I started to research and become educated on the matter. When you lock an entire society behind four walls for over two years constantly harping the world is going to come to an end, when you take an entire generation and stunt their social and mental development during crucial years in their lives there will be mental health problems. Depression, suicidal ideation, anxiety, fear and stress all skyrocketed during this period. Unemployment, homelessness and bankruptcy all fed into this pandemic due to governmental over reaction and mental health issues were and are real. Some continue to struggle with it and never recovered. You’re being dismissive about matters you have very little understanding in. There is definitely a cause and effect relationship here. Don’t take the whims of a single boxer that may or may not have mental health issues and cascade that across the rest of a society that definitely has a mental health crisis on its hands.

Comment

I think Broner is done. He can’t get his mind right and he has too many legal troubles hanging over his head. He needs to distance himself from the wrong people, get his priorities straight. Hopefully he doesn’t do anything to hurt himself.

Comment

Working...
            X