Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wallin Wants Fury Rematch: A Chisora Trilogy Will Not Be Competitive

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I rather see Wallin against Fury than Chisora.

Comment

He had momentum with wins over Kauffman & Breazeale but now that is all gone. He keeps begging for a rematch but it isn’t happening. He is in the same position as Agit Kabayel. After he beat a prime Chisora he hasn’t done anything while look at the fights Chisora has been in since. Salita is a small time promoter & can’t seem to secure any big fights. Too bad the Whyte fight fell through. Maybe a move to Boxxer in the UK might help. He needs a better promoter.

Comment

Originally posted by M312 View Post
        Wallin cut Fury badly, and could've won with a different ref/doc. But he didn't.

I'd like to see Wallin have a good win before we consider him anything other than an average heavyweight.

He's tricky because he's a southpaw, but not sure he even passes the eye test for a top 10 heavy.

​​​​​​
        Well said! Sadly i think this can be said of anyone in the top 10 not holding a belt or scheduled to fight for a belt (AJ). Jarred Anderson, Usyk, Ruiz, AJ, Wilder (if he finally decided to listen and learn his craft), the rest are pretty much the equal (but styles make fights).

Comment

Originally posted by TheMyspaceDayz View Post

Fight someone in the top 10 like Fury would be doing by fighting Chisora?

And I suppose you thought Clubber Lang was “begging” Rocky Balboa for a fight. I just see a confident fighter whose performance against Tyson sort of warrants a rematch while Chisora just keeps on losing.
          Chisoras would be a voluntary defence and, after the wilder trilogy, fury is entitled to pick an easier opponent before his mandatory defence would be due.

Wallinj just keeps begging for a payday instead of fighting and putting himself in line for a mandatory. He hasn't even beaten someone like Puluev for instance so chisora is ahead of him there.

Comment

Originally posted by tokon View Post

Chisoras would be a voluntary defence and, after the wilder trilogy, fury is entitled to pick an easier opponent before his mandatory defence would be due.

Wallinj just keeps begging for a payday instead of fighting and putting himself in line for a mandatory. He hasn't even beaten someone like Puluev for instance so chisora is ahead of him there.
            I.e. promoting himself. Wallin got a chuckle out of me when he said in an interview that he sent Fury to the hospital after their fight (which was technically true)

He is the epitome of high risk, low reward. Who wants to voluntarily deal with a 6'5 southpaw with good movement and solid fundamentals for a small cheque?
            ​​​​​​​
            Shyte backed out of their contracted bout and fighters like Ortiz have left him on read. Combine that with his promoter being Salita, he cannot get the big fights.

Comment

Another fight nobody is interested in. Nobody is interested in Fury vs either of these guys, fight the winner of Usyk vs AJ, that’s the only fight that makes sense for Fury, then if he wins that defend once and then retire and split all the belts again.

Comment

Originally posted by Good ol' Douglas View Post

I.e. promoting himself. Wallin got a chuckle out of me when he said in an interview that he sent Fury to the hospital after their fight (which was technically true)

He is the epitome of high risk, low reward. Who wants to voluntarily deal with a 6'5 southpaw with good movement and solid fundamentals for a small cheque?
                ​​​​​​​
                Shyte backed out of their contracted bout and fighters like Ortiz have left him on read. Combine that with his promoter being Salita, he cannot get the big fights.
                Yes, I agree with you but I think he just needs to fight! Thanks.

Comment

Wallin needs a better promoter. Maybe he should move to England. Than he could maybe get somebody like Bakole who is also Uk based fighter.

Comment

After the Brazzers or Brazeale win, Otto had a bit of momentum. It looks like some forgot he would have fought Dillian Whyte if Whyte didn't have that BS injury excuse. And Whyte just got Koed by Fury anyway.Tyson owes him a rematch. Top 10 heavy weight would do. If AJ loses, he can fight him. Or just feed Whyte to him like what should have happened anyways.

Comment

Working...
                    X