Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Vergil Ortiz Resumes His Campaign March To World Title Goal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Vergil Ortiz Resumes His Campaign March To World Title Goal

By Corey Erdman - When it comes to in-ring activity, Vergil Ortiz Jr.'s ascent from prospect to contender has gone about as well as any fighter's over the last several years. Ortiz is a rare case in which the oversized hype that is assigned to every accomplished amateur who signs with a major promoter actually sustains itself into the contention phase of their career. He was signed to great acclaim, won Prospect of the Year, and near-universally celebrated as one of the sport's brightest young stars, part of the exciting immediate future of the welterweight division.
    [Click Here To Read More]

This is a good style for Ortiz to go up against. Typically they try to avoid these types of fighters with Ortiz's style but with only 2 Kos, they went for it

Comment

"(My father) pushes me to my limit and more. Some people might see that as a con but I see it as he knows what I can do and he's bringing that out of me."

Sounds like maybe his dad pushed him a little bit too hard.

Comment

McKinson has a horrible style, interesting to see how Ortiz deals with it and this could have a lot of rounds in it. May not be a great one to watch though.

Comment

Originally posted by AmpMcv View Post
          "(My father) pushes me to my limit and more. Some people might see that as a con but I see it as he knows what I can do and he's bringing that out of me."

Sounds like maybe his dad pushed him a little bit too hard.
          Yeah, it does; overtraining is a thing. Seven days a week may not be sensible; havng a recovery day once a week could help.
          AmpMcv AmpMcv likes this.

Comment

With the current management Ortiz has he'll be 35 or 40 years old by the time he gets a belt. Dude only fights once every 2 orv3 years. Ain't championship material.

Comment

Very good article.

Sounds like he gets anxious about keeping his weight down so he over trains

Comment

Like 154 isn't full of monsters. Bigger monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Riatonon View Post
                  With the current management Ortiz has he'll be 35 or 40 years old by the time he gets a belt. Dude only fights once every 2 orv3 years. Ain't championship material.
                  Bs he fought 4 times in 2019, once in 2020(start of covid) twice in 2019 and bout to be 1st time in 2022 since last fight fell through with illness

Comment

Overtraining is worse tgan undertraining. The numbskulls around Ortiz should have never let him train like that , that's just dumb. Two " on" , one " off" is a good training schedule. If he's overtraining like that to cut wait , he needs to act like a professional and control what he puts in his mouth and how much of it.

Comment

Working...
                    X